By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's EXCLUSIVE RPG

Yeah I read the Baten Kaitos snippet as well. In my haste to post a response, I didn't address it. Baten Kaitos Origins is the most underrated RPG of the last generation. It took everything that was wrong with the original and fixed it. The game was just stellar, I can't wait to see how BKIII turns out.

Around the Network
hibikir said:
XII had plenty of bad things: The character design was bad, the leveling system gave the characters no personality at all, and boss fights were a confusing mess. I'd not say it was the worst of the lot though: There's always VIII, and the second half of VII.

Well, while VIII and VII are both on the bottom half of the FF games for me as well, they still didn't screw up as much as XII did.

RolStoppable said:
Darc Requiem said:
Yeah I read the Baten Kaitos snippet as well. In haste to post a response, I didn't address it. Baten Kaitos Origins is the most underrated RPG of the last generation. It took everything that was wrong with the original and fixed it. The game was just stellar, I can't wait to see how BKIII turns out.

What was the average rating for Origins, something like 75 %? If that's the case, it was definitely the most underrated RPG of the last generation. This game and its battle system were just awesome.

76.6%, and yeah, it's at least an 85% for me.

Rol Rol Rol you cannot stand up for that abomination to the FinalFantasy games...maybe if they would have named it Final Fantasy 12:KOTOR I would have said it was alright but they didn't so ughhhhhhhh lol

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|

Oh im sorry Rol lol I thought you said FF 12 lol

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|
Around the Network
naznatips said:
Updated Wii RPG list:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: TCB
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: tYPatPL
Tales of Symphonia: KoR
Baten Kaitos 3
Monster Hunter 3
Project O/King's Story (among other genres)
Oboro Muramasa Youtouden (basically Odin Sphere sequel)
Camelot's RPG Project (Presumed Golden Sun 3)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Opoona
Sword of Legendia
Mysterious Dungeon Furaai no Shiren 3 (if it hits America)
Monster Lab (WRPG)
Super Paper Mario (Eh... sorta RPG)
Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon
Monolith RPG (rumor from this topic)

Ah, actually Rol I agree. I think X-2's combat system was solid. It was just the awful plot and music that killed that game.  Also, not going to add the Pokemon RPG rumor.  It would be great if it's true, but it's not being discussed much by any credible rumor sources. 

I'm not sure if you can add Baten Kaitos 3 to the Wii's list... There is no mention of a console, and there were rumours that a Baten Kaitos game will come out for the DS and the article also states that Monolith is currently working on a DS project. Because of that, would count on the DS to be the console for the next Baten Kaitos game. That doesn't really matter to me, although I might have prefered it on the Wii because epic games feel better on home consoles and big screens.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

The only part which makes no sense about this rumor is that it involves Nintendo regarding Sony as competition, which couldn't be further from the truth.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Smash_Brother said:
The only part which makes no sense about this rumor is that it involves Nintendo regarding Sony as competition, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Correct: 11:20 AM

Thanks for the read. I always love situations like this which stir up speculation.

“Imagine Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (GameCube) with a 3D environment.”

= Win