By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's EXCLUSIVE RPG

Wow, the Media Vision thing is massive. How did this get no attention?

And if we're putting rumored games on the list, Seiken Densetsu 5 or just SD in general could go there because the last interview with Koichi Ishii said he wanted to do the next game on Wii, and there hasn't been a peep out of him or Mana since then...okay, not that substantial. But still, I did say rumored, and I do want SD5...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

The name has been translated both ways Soriku. Also, don't put KHIII even under possibles when there isn't even a credible rumor source out there for the game yet...

Soriku said:
jammy2211 said:
Soriku said:
jammy2211 said:
For the RPG list, Media Vision (Wild Arms) are working on a Wii-exclusive RPG.

Also Camelot said they've cancelled their Wii RPG at the moment
, but did say they're looking to bring Golden Sun back in the future. however, nothing is currently in development.

Finally, Monolith's DS RPG is called Soma Bringer and looks pretty good, albeit with very little media avaliable at the moment.

I'd say it's a pretty solid list, I'm going to guess the best is yet to come though. I mean, Square Enix generate about 80% of their income in Japan. How can they only have 3 proper games set for release on the Wii, with 2 of them being extremely nishe and basic :/. Time shall tell I guess.

I guess you can add Dragon Quest Swords too?

Link and link.

@WoW

CC actually hade a pretty good story. I thought it was a good game overall. But TCB looks TONS better IMO.

Righty, can't find a link to them saying they're no longer doing a Wii RPG, but they're definitely not doing Golden Sun at the moment. I guess we can hope the Camelot RPG still exsists for now :P. http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200710/N07.1009.1738.03309.htm?Page=3

Media Vision link - http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/777/777071p1.html

1. Exactly

2. PWNAGE! Would be cool if it was WA6.

Updated Wii RPG list:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: TCB
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: TYKatPL
Tales of Symphonia: KoR
Baten Kaitos 3
Monster Hunter 3
Project O/King's Story
Oboro Muramasa Youtouden (basically Odin Sphere sequel)
Camelot's RPG Project (Presumed Golden Sun 3)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Opoona
Sword of Legendia
Mysterious Dungeon Furaai no Shiren 3 (if it hits America)
Monster Lab (WRPG)
Super Paper Mario
Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon
Monolith RPG
Unnannounced Media Vision RPG

Possibles:

Kingdom Hearts III

Edit: Naznatips, the new FFCC game is 'The Young King' not 'The Young Prince'.

Wild Arms is owned by Sony isn't it? All the games were published by them so I'd assume so.

I'll post when if I think of some other RPG's coming to Wii. I'm sure I heard about a few more untitled ones but my memory is blank at the moment.

I guess I am the only person that enjoyed FFVIII. There must be something wrong with me.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Soriku said:
nintendo_fanboy said:

I'm not sure if you can add Baten Kaitos 3 to the Wii's list... There is no mention of a console, and there were rumours that a Baten Kaitos game will come out for the DS and the article also states that Monolith is currently working on a DS project. Because of that, would count on the DS to be the console for the next Baten Kaitos game. That doesn't really matter to me, although I might have prefered it on the Wii because epic games feel better on home consoles and big screens.

What're you talking about? It clearly says:

- Some sources have claimed it to be Baten Kaitos 3, but this isn’t the case, even though I know for a fact that the game is already in its beginning stages.

It's in its beginning stages. Basically it's coming and has been announced via Bruce.

My response: YAYAYAYAYAYA!

Why can't you read my post properly? I'm not doubting that it is in development, but I think that there is a good chance it comes out on the DS and not on the Wii since there have been rumours about a DS BK a while ago.

Now that I know that Soma Bringer is the DS project they are working on, I'd even say that another studio than Monolith is developing Baten Kaitos 3.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network
albionus said:

I don't think it's so much Sony but Final Fantasy XIII they are concerned about. Sony and MS along with certain games like Halo3 and MGS4 are not threats to the Wii but hugely popular Japanese RPG's can be. This is especially so in Japan where Nintendo has a near monopoly to maintain. As for the game it sounds great. Good to see some 3rd party developers are taking the Wii seriously (uggg which means I'll have to add yet another game to my to buy list).

I agree that it'd be nice if it was true: I'm always up for more multiplayer RPGs.

However, whenever a rumor like this pops up, I give it the sniff test and the one thing which REALLY didn't pass it is the bit about competing with FFXIII.

Though, I suspect that might be speculation on the part of the writer and not the genuine motivation behind the game.

The Wii could definitely use more RPGs.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

mancandy said:
I guess I am the only person that enjoyed FFVIII. There must be something wrong with me.

Nah, I replayed that game several times.  Is it a great RPG?  Not really.  Did I have fun with once upon a time?  Sure did.

As a side note, Seiken Densetsu V better not suck as much as IV. 

SD1 - Lame.
SD2 - Great.
SD3 - Awesome but released at the end of the SNES age.
SD4 - Lame.
SD5 - Great?

The franchise needs to come back.  Co-op action/RPG goodness needs to make a comeback.  Tales of Symphonia needs an old franchise to come back with a vengeance and show them how it's done.

Ok So this won't become anymore Final Fantasy related as it already is...

FF7>FF6>FF8>FF10>FF9>FF10X2>FF12>FF11

Now No More

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|

To much FF 8 bashing going on here for my taste, was def my second favorite, barley trailing FF 7

have to agree with alot of points made about FF 12, it was refreshing, for a bit, then got boring, and old. Then lost all motivation to play cause i didnt care about the story, nor the characters.

Seriously Vaan was the WORST character EVER EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER
(not ever but.....)

ALso Rol any respect for you ive lost, its gone like a magic act
haha just kidding, still FF X-2 made me lose half of any cred SE built with me, a completely sad sequal to one of their best

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Oh by the way to the Moderators can you change this Titles thread to "Wii's Exclusive RPG'S"...thanks

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|