By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's EXCLUSIVE RPG

OnE3nD said:

- A fully-immersive non-linear action-RPG set in a brand, new fantasy world which stresses the continuity of gameplay progression through team work and motion-controlling movements, mimicking interactions with objects and environments in the world. The game will be played in real-time, unlike Matsuno’s previous turn-based projects (Ogre Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story)

I'm not sure why you are all bringing up Final Fantasy.  By that description there it sounds nothing like it.  Actually sounds more like Crystal Chronicals with online to me.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network

@ twesterm )

I'm basing my opinion on my gut feeling - is that a wrong thing to do ? I liked the gameplay and story of the first 2-3 hours and I get the feeling ,that I'll become really immersed ,when I start to play it seriously.

@ Darc Requiem )

Ohh I loved Ogre Battle and FFT back then - if he manages to put out something of that level again Wii owners are in for a treat.

Boo. I like turn based games. Those Tactics games were top notch too. Tactics Ogre is what i'd consider the best Tactics RPG made to date.

nintendo_fanboy said:
Sounds great, but honestly, the part about Baten Kaitos being already in development makes me happier than the main subject!

True story.  Baten Kaitos making a come back as well is great.

Still, the Wii needs more RPG support.  Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia can't be the Wii's only RPGs.  They'll be great but the Wii needs more.

I really disliked XII. It's the 2nd worst FF (FFII is so bad you might as well play Superman 64). That's not to say Matsuno is necessarily an awful developer. Tactics was great after all. Still, I'm pretty "wait and see" on stuff like this. I'm more interested in Monster Hunter 3 as the Wii's good RPG, and maybe something like KH3 in the future.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
Sounds great, but honestly, the part about Baten Kaitos being already in development makes me happier than the main subject!

True story. Baten Kaitos making a come back as well is great.

Still, the Wii needs more RPG support. Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia can't be the Wii's only RPGs. They'll be great but the Wii needs more.

Oh wow I missed that on the first read!  Awesome!  I forgot about Tales of Symphonia: KoR.  So Wii RPGs we know about so far are:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: TCB
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: tYPatPL
Tales of Symphonia: KoR
Baten Kaitos 3
Monster Hunter 3
Project O/King's Story (among other genres)
Oboro Muramasa Youtouden (basically Odin Sphere sequel)
Camelot's RPG Project (Presumed Golden Sun 3)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Opoona
Sword of Legendia
Mysterious Dungeon Furaai no Shiren 3 (if it hits America)
Monolith RPG (rumor from this topic)

I'm not sure how good some of those games are/will be, but it's actually not a bad list at all considering the flop the Wii was expected to be.  

RolStoppable said:
I am outing myself and hereby declare that I enjoyed the crime against humanity. It was my favorite FF game on the PS2 which doesn't mean much because it was the only one I liked. Most dynamic active time battles ever.

Active?  Hah!  That's a joke.  If you were half-decent at setting up your gambits you would never have to pick up the controller in combat to win the whole game (not counting a few bosses).  Absolutely awful system.

naznatips said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
nintendo_fanboy said:

True story. Baten Kaitos making a come back as well is great.

Still, the Wii needs more RPG support. Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia can't be the Wii's only RPGs. They'll be great but the Wii needs more.

Oh wow I missed that on the first read! Awesome! I forgot about Tales of Symphonia: KoR. So Wii RPGs we know about so far are:

Baten Kaitos 3
Monster Hunter 3
Opoona
Sword of Legendia

I'm not sure how good some of those games are/will be, but it's actually not a bad list at all considering the flop the Wii was expected to be.

Add chocobo's mysterious dungeon, Monster lab (western rpg from eidos), and there is a rumor about a real Pokemon RPG for Wii.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Updated Wii RPG list:

Baten Kaitos 3
Monster Hunter 3
Opoona
Sword of Legendia
Monster Lab (WRPG)
Super Paper Mario (Eh... sorta RPG)
Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon

Ah, actually Rol I agree. I think X-2's combat system was solid. It was just the awful plot and music that killed that game.  Also, not going to add the Pokemon RPG rumor.  It would be great if it's true, but it's not being discussed much by any credible rumor sources. 

XII had plenty of bad things: The character design was bad, the leveling system gave the characters no personality at all, and boss fights were a confusing mess. I'd not say it was the worst of the lot though: There's always VIII, and the second half of VII.