By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Suggest some PS3 'Must Have' Games

I just got a PS3 and now want to pick up some games I've missed out on.

I plan on getting:

-   Killzone 2

-   Uncharted

-   Uncharted 2

I am also considering Little Big Planet.  And ahead of time I understand it is a great game, but I'm not personally interested in getting MGS4.

Is there any other games already out that I may be forgetting or didn't realize was a amazing game I should get?

NOTE: I like all genres other than sports and racing ( unless you get to blow up the opponent or throw green shells at them ).  I tend to like FPS, RPG, and Turn Based Startegy games the most.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

Demon's Souls if you like a little challenge.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

If you haven't played any of the other MGS's then it really isn't worth it. Especially if you are really interested in stories like I am. LBP is a must :)

Here are some more games that I have really enjoyed 

• inFamous
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Dragon Age Origins(Unless you have a good PC)
  • Demon's Souls
  • Critter Crunch 

Infamous
LBP- even though i don't own it i am fascinated with this game. Just try the demo.

If you like Racing...Motorstorm: Pacific Rift is a must-get

Edit: I just now saw that in your OP you said you don't really like racing unless it involves shell shock, but....I still reccomend trying it even if it's just a rent...It's unlike any racing game i've played.

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Around the Network

Demon's Souls
Infamous
Metal Gear Solid 4

and those games you just mentioned would be my recommendation and since you like FPS I'd recommend trying the MAG beta if you have your ps3 connected to the PSN

Valkyria Chronicles
Resistance 2
Infamous
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction

As far as MUST HAVES, the short list is:
Uncharted 2
Valkyria Chronicles (if you're into SRPG's like me)

Aside from that, the exclusives I've played are good, but not must have. If you liked MGS1-3, MGS4 is a no-brainer (but still a little disappointing). You said you weren't interested, though.

Well dammit guys, I was going to list Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls. I can see you bastards beat me to it though.

dsister44 said:

If you haven't played any of the other MGS's then it really isn't worth it. Especially if you are really interested in stories like I am. LBP is a must :)

Here are some more games that I have really enjoyed 

• inFamous
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Dragon Age Origins(Unless you have a good PC)
  • Demon's Souls

I figured if you are "interested in stories" MGS4 would be a first pick as it has an amazing story and a beautiful ending to such an amazing series (yes I played it when it first came out on NES and so on.) Unless I misread.

Anyways:

-LittleBigPlanet

-Demon's Souls

-Uncharted 1 then 2

- Valkyria Chronicles

- InFamous

-Resistance: Fall of Man

- Metal Gear Solid 4, for single player AND multiplayer

- Killzone 2

- God of War: Collection

- Warhawk

- Comet Crash (from the PSN, if you like Tower Defense, it is one of the best out there. Check Gamespot for review).

- Haze .................dammit, even I couldn't keep a straight face for that one rofl.

- Lair ..........

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.