By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Whats the reason PS3 owners not buying Dragon Age?

themanwithnoname said:

A couple of reasons I think. First of all, the Xbox has an advantage over the PS3 when it comes to WRPGs, and they sell better on the Xbox. Second, BioWare is much more widely known among the Xbox community than it is among the Playstation community. There were probably a fair number of people whose number one reason for buying the game was because BioWare's name's on the box, they really have a dedicated following, and since their major releases of the past six years have all been on Xbox, it gives it an advantage there. Squilliam's right too with his other examples, and I'll point out all of those developers released a title on the original Xbox while none of them did on the PS2, which is another reason why WRPGs are more popular on Xbox.

Besides, it's a PC centric game, AND there is exclusive content for Mass Effect 2 if you get the 360/PC version.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
themanwithnoname said:

A couple of reasons I think. First of all, the Xbox has an advantage over the PS3 when it comes to WRPGs, and they sell better on the Xbox. Second, BioWare is much more widely known among the Xbox community than it is among the Playstation community. There were probably a fair number of people whose number one reason for buying the game was because BioWare's name's on the box, they really have a dedicated following, and since their major releases of the past six years have all been on Xbox, it gives it an advantage there. Squilliam's right too with his other examples, and I'll point out all of those developers released a title on the original Xbox while none of them did on the PS2, which is another reason why WRPGs are more popular on Xbox.

Besides, it's a PC centric game, AND there is exclusive content for Mass Effect 2 if you get the 360/PC version.

Well, yeah, maybe I put too much thinking into that and should've gone with what was fairly evident!

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
huaxiong90 said:
themanwithnoname said:

Well, yeah, maybe I put too much thinking into that and should've gone with what was fairly evident!

Lol, not at all, you made good points.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Too many games and too much work at the minute.

Will pick up Dragon Age in Easter, or even summer.

I own it, so not all PS3 owners didnt buy it

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Around the Network

1- PS3 owners are more into JRPGs
2- Demon's Souls
3- Like me some prefer getting this kind of games on PC

4- Alot of good games to chose from

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

I don't know... I feel the best system to complement the PC is either the Wii or the PS3... a VERY large amount of games that are console exclusive to the X360 also come out on PC in a superior version(except MW2).

Maybe PS3 owners bought the superior version of the game on PC?

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

There are three main reasons why I didn't bought the game for the PS3.

1. This PS3 version is inferior to the PC version, Xbox version is even worse, so it's only logical to get the best out there.

2. Console versions are dumbed down = much easier, than the PC version. Also keyboard + mouse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gamepad for this kind of game.

3. Community support, seriously... with Never Winter Nights, the community have created over a dozens of hours long campaigns that were sometimes significantly better than the original BioWare campaign. This, you won't see on consoles. I've been part of the modding community before, sadly I don't have enough time nowdays, but I can't wait to see what some of there guys come up with.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

I bought it,because it was on sale.

The key reasons, as noted by many, are:

1 - 360 has better install base for WRPGs, particularly in US, and the developer is better known on 360 side vs PS3

2 - PS3 demographic, probably combined with 1) above, does seem to skew more to JRPG vs WRPG

3 - PS3 version shipped at a relatively bad time relative to other PS3 exclusives and big multi-platform titles

I think it's actually sold okay on PS3 all things considered, particularly in relation to relative install base ratio, it's just that in terms of raw sales units 360 has the advantage for this type of title currently.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...