By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Whats the reason PS3 owners not buying Dragon Age?

Kasz216 said:

For those saying that PS3 fans prefer JRPGS.

I would refer them to the 1st and 3rd best selling RPGs on the PS3.

Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

These are more First Person Action games than RPGs

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
Ail said:
Euphoria14 said:

You need to buy DLC to get the platinum?

That is some real bullshit right there. DLC should come with seperate trophies and/or gamerscore.

This game's DLC is even more invasive than I thought. Now I am even more glad that I have it as a Gamefly rental.

You don't need DLC for the platinum....

Basically DA:O ships with 2 DLC included ( the Golem and the Blood dragon armor), you won't get those with a rental or used game and will have to purchase them if you want to play them (but they are not required for the plat).

So even on a rental I can get the platinum without them? That's cool.

How is the Dragon Armor and the Golem? Are they any good or do they outlive their usefullnes quickly?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Ail said:

Basically DA:O ships with 2 DLC included ( the Golem and the Blood dragon armor), you won't get those with a rental or used game and will have to purchase them if you want to play them (but they are not required for the plat).

And yes, DA:Origins rocks and I don't get why more PS3 owners didn't purchase it ( I plated both Demon's Souls and DA:Origins and still prefer Dragon Age by far).

The platinum reads 

"Complete all Bronze, Silver, and Gold Trophies"

Master of the Peak, Diabolist, Rock and a Hard Place, and Stone's Lament all require the DLC. Unless there is something I am missing 

Euphoria14 said:
Ail said:
Euphoria14 said:

That is some real bullshit right there. DLC should come with seperate trophies and/or gamerscore.

This game's DLC is even more invasive than I thought. Now I am even more glad that I have it as a Gamefly rental.

How is the Dragon Armor and the Golem? Are they any good or do they outlive their usefullnes quickly?

Armor isn't a big deal, you can't wear it until you get to higher level ( need str 42) and you can get better in game ( the superior dragonbone armor you get crafted is better). I ended up wearing the dragon armor for a couple levels on my first playthrough on a warrior but skipped it in the next two play throughs....

The golem is a nice party member but is in no way required.

The Warden Keep dlc however has the best sword in the game and provides you a chest to store your extra gear ( not really required either but it's nice). You have to purchase that one if you want those .

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Euphoria14 said:
Ail said:
Euphoria14 said:

The armor and Shale are both awesome. Shale is like HK-47 from KotOR.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Ail said:
Euphoria14 said:

I ended the game with wearing Dragon Armor. I'm not 100% sure how it works though... I have a feeling that some items scale with lvl. i.e. if you kill something that gives loot, at a higher lvl, the loot will be better and I'm not sure if this applies to the Dragon Armor.

If I'm not mistaken the Golem is a voiced party member. It offers you a different play through experience. It is also a unique charater in terms of skills etc.

I may just end up grabbing the Warden Keep DLC even though it's a rental if it's cheap enough. I hate constantly running out of inventory room.

Anyone know the price? My PS3 is currently taken over at the moment and I can't check.

Edit - NVM, just remembered that Warden's Keep is the $7 download.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

nen-suer said:
Kasz216 said:

For those saying that PS3 fans prefer JRPGS.

I would refer them to the 1st and 3rd best selling RPGs on the PS3.

Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

These are more First Person Action games than RPGs

No... they're what most WRPGs are.

Because PS3 owners have weird elbows. It's a well known fact.

I'd rather have it on PC, but I don't feel like buying it right now.