By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Whats the reason PS3 owners not buying Dragon Age?

i got it for pc, simply because it's better on pc.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
riecsou said:
Xxain said:
SONY fans love --->J<---R P G 's

You are so wrong about SONY fans love -->J<---R P G 's because the Dragon Quest series sold more than 90% of it's total sale only in Japan. Very incredible. I think it is more accurate to say SONY fans love FF. I mean FF is great and big no doubt about it, but there a lot more rpgs out there (Japanese or Western) that are not selling at all and they look great.

.............................. you do know outside of Japan DQ series is very unknown series??? DQ8 was the 1st DQ game to have a huge media push to garner more awareness in NA and EU. SE has been working to get DQ more awareness this gen with DQ remakes/spinoffs but up intill now DQ had no face in NA so blaming Playstation fans is silly especially when 3 DQ were released on SNES in NA and did not fair any better than the 2 PS ones..... and since when does DQ = all JRPG's? and wat JRPG's on PS3 arnt selling well??? im interested because there hasnt been any JRPG's on PS3 in NA

Actually, the only Dragon Quest games SquareEnix ever tried to market at all outside of Japan was Dragon Quest VIII and Dragon Quest Joker, which sold moderately well.  After that, all they ever did was release the following titles (Swords, Slime, IV DS, V DS) with absolutely no marketing or even a press release and as a result, what little dent the first two games made in marketing completely fell through.  In other words, SquareEnix put out the Dragon Quest fleece for America, and then pulled it back saying 'wait nevermind, we don't care how it sells'.  Those following four titles of course, sold horribly.

Also, none of the SNES Dragon Quest games ever released in America.  And the one PSX DQ game we got sold horribly because, like the rest, it got no advertising and limited support.

Overall, what he originally said is true.  However Sony fans don't love JRPGs as a whole.  They love specific JRPGs.  Such as Final Fantasy, Persona, Disgaea or Tales.  But even then, some of them only like some of those titles.  You probably are going to be hard-pressed to find someone who likes all four of those titles, let alone someone who likes ALL JRPGs.  On the same token, despite what people say to make WRPGs sound superior to JRPGs, people don't like ALL WRPGs.  They like certain ones.  Some people like Fallout but don't like Dragon Age or Mass Effect.  etc.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

PC version for me.

I do honestly think that a lot of PS3 owners (probably 360 owners too) have an idea that exclusives are automatically better than multiplats, so with another big exclusive RPG coming out at the same time, DA wasn't going to do well. Especially since they are both core-centric games that more active gamers (non-causals) are into, increasing the exclusivity bias exponentially.

Because i don't know if i will like it.

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
Euphoria14 said:
dsister44 said:
Because the Xbox 360 version comes with more free stuff!

Like?

I think both version came with a free DLC voucher if you preordered. The Mass Effect 2 DLC code doesn't really mean anything for people who only want Dragon Age.

What DLC voucher? I have a code to get the Blood Armor and the Fury of Shale. Even though I picked it up on Black Friday. Was there another voucher? 

The Mass Effect armor almost convinced me to get it for the 360 instead of the PS3, but then I remembered that I probably won't get it.

I don't know about the 360 version but when I was checking the DLC for Dragon Age on PSN the $15 one said that some copies of the game contained a voucher for the download.

I think is the one with the golem or whatever.

I feel like playing DA:O right now, but unfortunately my daughter has taken over the TV with her Carebears.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
dsister44 said:
Euphoria14 said:
dsister44 said:

Like?

I think both version came with a free DLC voucher if you preordered. The Mass Effect 2 DLC code doesn't really mean anything for people who only want Dragon Age.

What DLC voucher? I have a code to get the Blood Armor and the Fury of Shale. Even though I picked it up on Black Friday. Was there another voucher? 

The Mass Effect armor almost convinced me to get it for the 360 instead of the PS3, but then I remembered that I probably won't get it.

I don't know about the 360 version but when I was checking the DLC for Dragon Age on PSN the $15 one said that some copies of the game contained a voucher for the download.

I hope it is the code I have. I want the platinum, and I'm not buying any DLC

dsister44 said:
Euphoria14 said:
dsister44 said:
Euphoria14 said:
dsister44 said:

Like?

You need to buy DLC to get the platinum?

That is some real bullshit right there. DLC should come with seperate trophies and/or gamerscore.

This game's DLC is even more invasive than I thought. Now I am even more glad that I have it as a Gamefly rental.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

For those saying that PS3 fans prefer JRPGS.

I would refer them to the 1st and 3rd best selling RPGs on the PS3.

Fallout 3 and Oblivion.

It's clearly not "Sony fans like JRPGS more."

Euphoria14 said:
dsister44 said:
Euphoria14 said:
dsister44 said:
Euphoria14 said:
dsister44 said:

Like?

You need to buy DLC to get the platinum?

That is some real bullshit right there. DLC should come with seperate trophies and/or gamerscore.

This game's DLC is even more invasive than I thought. Now I am even more glad that I have it as a Gamefly rental.

You don't need DLC for the platinum....

Basically DA:O ships with 2 DLC included ( the Golem and the Blood dragon armor), you won't get those with a rental or used game and will have to purchase them if you want to play them (but they are not required for the plat).

And yes, DA:Origins rocks and I don't get why more PS3 owners didn't purchase it ( I plated both Demon's Souls and DA:Origins and still prefer Dragon Age by far).

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !