By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (12/21 - 12/27)

johnsobas said:
jarrod said:
TheSource said:

Not convinced FFXIII will get to 2m in Japan given this drop occured over the holidays. Will need price cuts/re-release(s).

Might not even sell out it's first shipment completely with this sort of drop.  We could be looking at a MH3 repeat, only this time it can't be blamed on SKU hijinks.

wouldn't go that far, it only has like 110k left to go.  MH3 still has more unsold copies then that, although the multiple SKUs had something to do with that.  They still shipped more copies even with all the unsold stand alones.  It's looking more like 1.9 million or so right now.

MH3's 1st shipment was a million (well, ~850k 1st day, but it had a weekend restock) so it's only sold through ~50k shy.  Capcom then shipped out another 100k later on.

I think FFXIII will probably get a small 2nd shipment too (say 200k) before calling it quits.  It may have gotten it already actually.

Around the Network

Inazuma's doing amazingly. Bodes well for Nunokuni, which I expect will be an even bigger success (2 million club, here we come!).

I sort of wonder if Layton 4 might out-leg the previous trilogy? Wasn't that sort of the intent with adding the London Life RPG mode?

Soriku said:
jarrod said:
Inazuma's doi ng amazingly. Bodes well for Nunokuni, which I expect will be an even bigger success (2 million club, here we come!).

I sort of wonder if Layton 4 might out-leg the previous trilogy? Wasn't that sort of the intent with adding the London Life RPG mode?

Oh yeah, remember we were talking about Ninokuni console version? duckroll on GAF clarified and the mobile one isn't the console one they were talking about. Like Inazuma Eleven, I'm expecting Ninokuni to hit the Wii as well.

IIRC, it actually started as a console project (probably for Wii), but L5 decided to refocus and do the DS version first.  If I was Nintendo, I'd be pulling every string I could to get IE, Layton and Nunokuni on Wii asap.

And speaking of Level-5, it's telling how they have more games in the top ten than Square Enix!  

Dissapointed at Zelda! what a huge gap between the first and second place lol~

But man did Tomodachi and Taiko 2 surprise me a little bit! Such a comeback!

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

Soriku said:
jarrod said:
Soriku said:
jarrod said:
Inazuma's doi ng amazingly. Bodes well for Nunokuni, which I expect will be an even bigger success (2 million club, here we come!).

Oh yeah, remember we were talking about Ninokuni console version? duckroll on GAF clarified and the mobile one isn't the console one they were talking about. Like Inazuma Eleven, I'm expecting Ninokuni to hit the Wii as well.

IIRC, it actually started as a console project (probably for Wii), but L5 decided to refocus and do the DS version first.  If I was Nintendo, I'd be pulling every string I could to get IE, Layton and Nunokuni on Wii asap.

And speaking of Level-5, it's telling how they have more games in the top ten than Square Enix!  

They said they were making a DS version and then they had another version planned for an unknown console and both come with a book. Inazuma Eleven Break is already confirmed as a Wii game from the screens and they just said they weren't ready to show it off YET (same with Ushiro on PSP) and I don't expect Ninokuni to be any different. I wonder if the Wii will get Layton though...

When Nunokuni was first unveiled last year, they said the concept/prototype started on "a console" then moved to DS.  Given the spellcasting mechanic (drawing runes), everyone assumed that was Wii.  Then L5 clarified in it's trailer that it was still coming to "a console" in addition to DS.

I agree with you on IE Break.  Screens mean it had to be Wii or PS2, and Wii just seems far more likely.

If Wii gets Layton, I think they should switch up genres.  I'm also pretty sure Hino mentioned not wanting to bring Layton "as is" to Wii already.  Since L5's not making Dark Cloud games anymore, maybe they could make it something of a dungeon crawler with a Georama aspect?  Something like Young Layton as a student exploring ancient ruins around the world (Aztec, Egyptian, Tibetan, etc), with London (ie: Georama mode) for a home base? It'd work well with the theme, as well as historical British archeology. Fuck, now I sort of this game. :/

I think some Atamania games for WiiWare would make sense too.  Hell, they should do them on DSiWare actually, instead of retail.

Around the Network

Nice to see that Layton is holding up, maybe the downward trend the series has been on for the first three games (in Japan) is about to end.

Zelda has some nice numbers, hope this will come to eventually outsell Phantom Hourglass since it's the better game, though somehow I doubt it will.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Tomodachi Collection are sales monsters as usual... Sick.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Nice to see that Layton is holding up, maybe the downward trend the series has been on for the first three games (in Japan) is about to end. 

What?  The games have sold progressively better?  Layton 4's actually the first to have a weaker debut than the last, but I'm hoping it has longer legs thanks to the London Life mode.

TheSource said:

A cleaner translation from someone who can read Japanese -

01. / 02. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 506,000 / 2,440,000
02. / 00. [NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo) - 291,000 / NEW
03. / 03. [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) - 227,000 / 2,317,000
04. / 01. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix) - 189,000 / 1,690,000
05. / 04. [NDS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (Pokemon) - 125,000 / 3,465,000
06. / 05. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 114,000 / 1,315,000
07. / 06. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2 Fire/Blizzard (Level 5) - 99,000 / 908,000
08. / 11. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 72,000 / 1,568,000
09. / 12. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2 (Bandai Namco) - 64,000 / 200,000
10. / 08. [NDS] Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Spirits (Level 5) - 64,000 / 559,000

So the only two main issues I see compared to the preview:

Tamodatchi Collection
PokePark Wii: Pikachu no Daibouken

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

oh i'm pretty sure pokepark is #11 or very close.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Reggie called it. That man continues to amaze me.