By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - pirated games of 2009 with numbers (mw2 5.1m)

vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:
Quoting myself from another topic:

I for one am REALLY REALLY happy with the MW2 numbers. Serves those idiots at Activision right. I certainly hope it got pirated more than it sold on the PC.

Before anyone says "ZOMG PC PIRACY!!111eleven" notice that all top 5 of the games on the PC sucked the big one hard, except maybe the Sims, which probably sold more than Thriller....

I just don't get this philosophy, are all your brains hurting?

If you are against the product, you could be happy that it doesn't sell well.

Why are you happy that it has been pirated?

Do you want every politician you don't want to vote to be shot or do you just don't give him your vote?

See, not only do I not igive him my vote, but i vote for the other. Same with piracy. The way I see it, if you pirate it you vote for the alternative. If you don't buy nor pirate you just don't vote at all.

Thankfully, MW2 got pirated a whole lot and it will continue to do so.

@BladeofGod

MW2 was utter shit. It was basically a direct console port with nothing else for the PC, in other words shit, it deserved to be pirated hell of a lot more than it already has and sold many many millions less.

If you pirate you just break the law...

That's about all there is to it. You can try to disguise it as much as you can but that's what you are....

Yes, and in Nazi Germany it was illegal to not kill jews... I guess that makes killing jews just fine then.

You are picking even more at straws here with the whole "legal" issue. It isn't even illegal everywhere.

Don't try to make reference to historic events when your knowledge in that area is at best spotty.......

It's illegal in the county you live in, now go commit a crime and go explain to the judge that what you did isn't illegal in Nigeria or North Korea and see how he answers........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:

I for one am REALLY REALLY happy with the MW2 numbers. Serves those idiots at Activision right. I certainly hope it got pirated more than it sold on the PC.

Before anyone says "ZOMG PC PIRACY!!111eleven" notice that all top 5 of the games on the PC sucked the big one hard, except maybe the Sims, which probably sold more than Thriller....

Do you want every politician you don't want to vote to be shot or do you just don't give him your vote?

See, not only do I not igive him my vote, but i vote for the other. Same with piracy. The way I see it, if you pirate it you vote for the alternative. If you don't buy nor pirate you just don't vote at all.

@BladeofGod

MW2 was utter shit. It was basically a direct console port with nothing else for the PC, in other words shit, it deserved to be pirated hell of a lot more than it already has and sold many many millions less.

That's about all there is to it. You can try to disguise it as much as you can but that's what you are....

Yes, and in Nazi Germany it was illegal to not kill jews... I guess that makes killing jews just fine then.

You are picking even more at straws here with the whole "legal" issue. It isn't even illegal everywhere.

It was not illegal to abstain from killing Jews in Nazi Germany....

The only places piracy is not illegal is in like Sweden and other very lax countries.

The point is, every supposed good reason for pirating has a perfectly good non-pirating solution.  You pirate it to try it out?  That's what demos are for.  You pirate it because you think it sucks?  Don't play it then...  You pirate it to show it is not worth the price?  How about rent it or in the case of PC games, just wait to get it when it is cheaper.  You can't afford to play all the great games?  Get a job.  You vote with your dollar, not with your download. 

Buying = vote.  Not buying or buying an alternative/competitor = vote.  Download = free loader that thinks they don't have to vote and should get whatever they think they deserve.

That's true, I'm sorry. It was illegal not to report them. Which towards the end basically meant killing them, or at least heavy torture.

See the way I see it pirating = vote against the game. You probably didn't even read what Valve and Blizzard had to say about piracy. Funny they have no problems but the people who release shitty games are the only ones whining about it...

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:

@BladeofGod

Don't try to make reference to historic events when your knowledge in that area is at best spotty.......

It's illegal in the county you live in, now go commit a crime and go explain to the judge that what you did isn't illegal in Nigeria or North Korea and see how he answers........

Ah the law. The last refuge of someone who lacks any good arguments. Also my knowledge of the time perid is quite good. It was illegal to shelter jews, and towards the end of the war, when the camps were put in overdrive to get rid of as many as possible, it wass basicaally a death sentence.

Also sweden doesn't mind pirates as much. Spain too. All in all, you jsut told me you have absolutely no good arguments.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:

@BladeofGod

Ah the law. The last refuge of someone who lacks any good arguments. Also my knowledge of the time perid is quite good. It was illegal to shelter jews, and towards the end of the war, when the camps were put in overdrive to get rid of as many as possible, it wass basicaally a death sentence.

Also sweden doesn't mind pirates as much. Spain too. All in all, you jsut told me you have absolutely no good arguments.

Try to get caught smoking pot by the cops and try to explain them how it is legal in Holland and see how far it gets you....

Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:

@BladeofGod

Try to get caught smoking pot by the cops and try to explain them how it is legal in Holland and see how far it gets you....

I find your lack of good arguments disturbing.

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:

@BladeofGod

The only places piracy is not illegal is in like Sweden and other very lax countries.

The point is, every supposed good reason for pirating has a perfectly good non-pirating solution.  You pirate it to try it out?  That's what demos are for.  You pirate it because you think it sucks?  Don't play it then...  You pirate it to show it is not worth the price?  How about rent it or in the case of PC games, just wait to get it when it is cheaper.  You can't afford to play all the great games?  Get a job.  You vote with your dollar, not with your download. 

Buying = vote.  Not buying or buying an alternative/competitor = vote.  Download = free loader that thinks they don't have to vote and should get whatever they think they deserve.

That's true, I'm sorry. It was illegal not to report them. Which towards the end basically meant killing them, or at least heavy torture.

See the way I see it pirating = vote against the game. You probably didn't even read what Valve and Blizzard had to say about piracy. Funny they have no problems but the people who release shitty games are the only ones whining about it...

I love when people bring Blizzard and Valve into this discussion.  Lets see, Blizzard, a company that makes it's riches off of monthly subscriptions, would obviously not care one bit about piracy.  If someone pirates the game, they still have to pay to play it online with the WoW servers.

And Valve.  They sell games via digital distribution.  Not just their own games, but many others as well.  Sure some Steam games are easily cracked to be released onto the torrents, but the fact that they mostly rely on digital distribution for their games, and take a large amount of revenue by selling other games, ensures they once again are mostly immune to piracy when it comes to overall revenues.  They sell very many lesser known games and indie games which tend to see less piracy then the big popular games.

For those 2 developers, I raise you 3 more that complain all the time about piracy because it takes a large portion of their revenue.  Infinity Ward, even with CoD4 saw extreme levels of piracy and spoke out about how the illegal copies far outnumbered the legal ones playing online.  Also StarDock with Demigod, reported over 80% piracy of their game.  We also have developers like EA, Crytek, as well as a plethora of developers for the PSP who all found it difficult or impossible to make profits when so many of their games were being pirated to such a great extent.

nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
wyvers said:
vlad321 said:

@BladeofGod

I love when people bring Blizzard and Valve into this discussion.  Lets see, Blizzard, a company that makes it's riches off of monthly subscriptions, would obviously not care one bit about piracy.  If someone pirates the game, they still have to pay to play it online with the WoW servers.

And Valve.  They sell games via digital distribution.  Not just their own games, but many others as well.  Sure some Steam games are easily cracked to be released onto the torrents, but the fact that they mostly rely on digital distribution for their games, and take a large amount of revenue by selling other games, ensures they once again are mostly immune to piracy when it comes to overall revenues.  They sell very many lesser known games and indie games which tend to see less piracy then the big popular games.

For those 2 developers, I raise you 3 more that complain all the time about piracy because it takes a large portion of their revenue.  Infinity Ward, even with CoD4 saw extreme levels of piracy and spoke out about how the illegal copies far outnumbered the legal ones playing online.  Also StarDock with Demigod, reported over 80% piracy of their game.  We also have developers like EA, Crytek, as well as a plethora of developers for the PSP who all found it difficult or impossible to make profits when so many of their games were being pirated to such a great extent.

I woudn't take too seriously the people that keep quoting Blizzard and Valve, most of those have very short memories..

I mean 12 months ago the same folks were in uproar about Valve planning to release LFD2 1 year after LFD1 and were crying a storm over no LAN support in SC2....

Now they moved on to IW and suddenly Valve and Blizzard are saints...

Until the next announcement by Blizzard that pisses them off and then suddenly Blizzard will be the devil again( be interesting to see storm if Blizzard decides to make D3 single player campaign to work only when online on bnet...)

nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

Funy, I keep bringing them up because of 2 things:

1) They make the best PC games.

2) They were fine even before this apparent piracy "issue."

While I agree for each of those you can raise me 3 that complain, but I would LOVE for you to raise me even 1 that makes games the way PC games should be made. Oh wait... They don't exist.... That's the problem. People make SHIT game (look at Modern Warfare 2) and then since they don't wanna feel liek shit blame piracy. Hell, you don't even see BioWare whine about piracy on Dragon Age: Origins, and thaat was still a dumbed down, but at least PC-centric, PC game. If you can't see the trend then you are just blind, or just don't have the natural resources to do so.

Edit: Are you also so thick you don't realize that if they had problems with piracy on their software they woudl still bitch about it, not make "piracy is the developer's fault" claims? Sure they make break even and make mad monies off other venues, but they'd still bitch. Do you HONESTLY believe that TF2 hasn't sold to just about anyone with any kind of PC because it is a PC-game with constant updates for free, made for PCs? If you do then There's nothing more to talk with about you since I'm better off talking to the chair.

vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

Funy, I keep bringing them up because of 2 things:

1) They make the best PC games.

2) They were fine even before this apparent piracy "issue."

While I agree for each of those you can raise me 3 that complain, but I would LOVE for you to raise me even 1 that makes games the way PC games should be made. Oh wait... They don't exist.... That's the problem. People make SHIT game (look at Modern Warfare 2) and then since they don't wanna feel liek shit blame piracy. Hell, you don't even see BioWare whine about piracy on Dragon Age: Origins, and thaat was still a dumbed down, but at least PC-centric, PC game. If you can't see the trend then you are just blind, or just don't have the natural resources to do so.

Edit: Are you also so thick you don't realize that if they had problems with piracy on their software they woudl still bitch about it, not make "piracy is the developer's fault" claims? Sure they make break even and make mad monies off other venues, but they'd still bitch. Do you HONESTLY believe that TF2 hasn't sold to just about anyone with any kind of PC because it is a PC-game with constant updates for free, made for PCs? If you do then There's nothing more to talk with about you since I'm better off talking to the chair.

There's this small company called EA that developed this little known game called the Sims which happens to be number 2 on the pirated list...

But it was probably pirated because a poor console port. Oh Wait it wasn't....

You anti downloader guys really need to learn that there is a big difference in piracy and downloading and its not the same thing, that is the first step to free your self of the brainwashing you guys have over people downloading games.

Downloading games is the best consumer instrument you ever will have and just because its called piracy and illegal in your country doesnt make it right.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.