By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A few things I found out about the Wii!

Looks like we got a genius on the Nintendo forums.

Hope you like your Wii.

Around the Network

Extraction, huh? I already finished the x360 version but I have to buy Extraction yet! My mother gave me some games for christmas but she didn't gave me a Dead Space copy. I hope it's good.

She knew I was upset because the DAMN gamestop took a little longer to deliver my NSMBW copy, so she bought it and some other games from another store. No, I won't have my money back, unfortunatelly I will have 2 NSMBW copies but hey! I killed my neighbor playing NSMBW, I had some laughs, so I am very satisfied.

I hope you enjoy your experience with the Wii, good luck man.

I figured out that all need batteries...And the run out fast with Wii board and 2 controls and New Super Mario Bros.

Take my love, take my land..

Zucas said:
That's nice. But to be fair the Wii actually uses bluetooth not wireless.

Two things:

1. Calling bluetooth "wireless" is completely correct; the term "wireless" encompasses any technology that allows data transmission without wires.
  2. His wireless comment doesn't specifically refer to the controllers, and as such could be referring to the 802.11 b/g that the wii is capable of.

The speaker in the wiimote acts a bit like rumble.

The Wiimote is also more comfortable with its condom on.

Around the Network

The Speaker on the mote is alot better than poor....

Now, you have enter into a larger world.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Xxain said:

I have to say it varies from remote to remote, I have a really nice one in one remote but my other crackles. 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Simulacrum said:
I figured out that all need batteries...And the run out fast with Wii board and 2 controls and New Super Mario Bros.

Yeah, my suggestion to new Wii owners is to buy enough NiMH rechargeable AA cells to power all your controllers + 4 spares. Well, I suppose two spares would do you if you only have one lonely wiimote.

You can try your luck with chage packs, but I think they're less versatile than simple AA cells and some of them have dubious build quality.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xxain said:

I have to say it varies from remote to remote, I have a really nice one in one remote but my other crackles. 

Same here... I have two that sound quite good (well, by that I mean they sound like good in-ear phones) while 1, which I think is my original one, will sometimes have sound cut-outs and is a bit crackly.

And I concur with famousringo: recharchable batteries are awesome... the ones I have last about 20-30 hours depending on which games (games like Wii Sports don't use much power, but if you are playing a game using the IR sensor and the nunchuck it uses more power) while standard batteries don't last that much longer (30-50 hours) but of course you don't have to buy new rechargables all the time.

I have 4 batteries and they are the type that don't lose (much) power when not being used.... old style rechargables will lose about half their power within a week of being left somewhere... so you have to recharge them just before you use them, which isn't very convenient. The ones I have have sometimes been left a month after I charged them and they work for almost as long as if I had just charged them.

If you are mainly playing the Wii with other people I would suggest having at least 4 pairs rather than the 2 pairs I have.... usually I play on my own so 1 back up pair is fine... and I put in standard alkalines or something when I take it downstairs to play with others.