By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Poll: Is the PSP Go a failure (saleswise)?

Poll: Is the PSP Go a failure (saleswise)?

Yes! Media Create numbers are terrible. 66 34.02%

Kind of, Sony must have h... 22 11.34%

It needs a price cut and it will be fine. 29 14.95%

No, it is doing in line with expectations 22 11.34%

Who expected this to sell in the first place? 55 28.35%

Total:194

It's doing fairly well for the worst piece of gaming hardware of the decade.

Around the Network

@kenny : how is it so bad ? Please explain.

- it's lighter than a standard PSP
- it's sexier
- it's smaller
- the screen is better
- it has 16 Gb memory included

How can better be worse ?

mario64 said:
Sony said sales were above expectations. Still, I agree they look low. Now it's a premium product, it's not aimed at the masses and it was never supposed to sell millions.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

If it's not aimed at the masses...why present it at E3 as a major point for Sony? I just don't get it...these excuses grow tiring. In my opionion Sony saw the PSP Go as a failure, and how it wasn't well recieved and ran with it...

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

nen-suer said:
mario64 said:
Sony said sales were above expectations. Still, I agree they look low. Now it's a premium product, it's not aimed at the masses and it was never supposed to sell millions.

Does anyone actually believe that nonsense? It's called spin. As poor as the 360 is doing in Japan it's outselling the GO handily. If you are getting out sold in Japan by the 360 3 and 4 times to 1 on a weekly basis your product is a failure.

Around the Network

The PSP Go is priced too high for what it actually is, a slightly smaller and lighter psp that can't use any umd's. The msrp of psp go in Japan is 26,800 yen, compared to the 16,800 yen price of the psp 3000.

Just what market is the psp go aiming for? Current psp owners? Can't be as their whole game collections would be rendered useless. Maybe the portable market like the ipod touch. Well for about 3,000 yen more than the go you can get a 2nd gen. 32gb ipod touch, which has twice the storage (psp go has 16gb), is smaller and lighter and includes a touch screen. Not to mention all the stuff on itunes app/game store.

Now if you don't care about all that stuff and just want to play psp games, it makes no sense to spend an extra 10,000 yen and get the go over the 3000. You can pick up a few new or used games for that money and get something that has more functionality.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Darc Requiem said:
nen-suer said:
mario64 said:

Does anyone actually believe that nonsense? It's called spin. As poor as the 360 is doing in Japan it's outselling the GO handily. If you are getting out sold in Japan by the 360 3 and 4 times to 1 on a weekly basis your product is a failure.

Xbox360 is not a failure in Japan

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Yeah.....

everything above 100 units sold is above expectations

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

I'm more interested in watching the DSLite sales to the PSPGo. A DS that is 2 models older than the newest one is outselling the Go 4:1 this (and the past few) week. I really think that Sony's trying to spin this however they can publically, but internally, it's being referred to as a failure.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...