By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 50Hz LCD's are HORRIBLE!

Correct me if Im wrong, I think you meant 60hz and 120hz.... that's what I have a 60hz 32", and Im happy with it, I know it's not the best but Im happy.

Around the Network
Dogswithguns said:
Correct me if Im wrong, I think you meant 60hz and 120hz.... that's what I have a 60hz 32", and Im happy with it, I know it's not the best but Im happy.

Seems to be a difference between European and US standards

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Dogswithguns said:

The US uses other standards.

Dogswithguns said:

The US uses other standards.

EDIT: WTF? I didn't double post? hmmm...

Dogswithguns said:

South Africa is a PAL region, the tv signal is 50hz. In south africa you use all your soruces in PAL as well? Here in Brazil something really strange happens, we are a PAL region as well, but only the open TV is PAl, all our sources like DVD and VideoGames are NTSC.

Around the Network

They make 50Hz tvs? I thought 60Hz was the minimum?

invetedlotus123 said:
Dogswithguns said:

South Africa is a PAL region, the tv signal is 50hz. In south africa you use all your soruces in PAL as well? Here in Brazil something really strange happens, we are a PAL region as well, but only the open TV is PAl, all our sources like DVD and VideoGames are NTSC.

Yeah everything is PAL. I really feel for you being in Brazil with the techno lockdown they have (hope I don't offend). I usually think we're expensive compared to the US, but you have it much worse...

I had a 60htz LCD and as soon as I saw the difference on my brothers 120htz LG, I quickly upgraded to a 120htz LG. Big difference.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Yeah 50hz is pretty weak. You definitely want

I can't stand low refresh rates, just like neon lightbulbs. They wreck my head. And to think, we all used to watch tv on 50hz interlaced!

I can't stand them anymore. 100hz is perfect for me, love it. Or plasma : )
I would love a 200hz though, but they're pretty pricey.