By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Did Lady GaGa open the door for Techno Pop mainstream music?

Let's settle this Netherlands vs UK discussion.

I'll try to explain the difference..

UK Scene

Netherlands Scene

There you go.

Around the Network

I think Leo was making the point that Lady GaGa broke the stranglehold that Rap/RnB/Rock have had on the US mainstream for far too long. I think a track like Timberland's 'the way I are' ,'sexyback' and Kanye's 'Stronger', paved the way for dance/electronic beats to permeate the mainstream. GaGa is the natural progression.
The thread was about the US, not anywhere else.

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

madman25 said:
I think Leo was making the point that Lady GaGa broke the stranglehold that Rap/RnB/Rock have had on the US mainstream for far too long. I think a track like Timberland's 'the way I are' ,'sexyback' and Kanye's 'Stronger', paved the way for dance/electronic beats to permeate the mainstream. GaGa is the natural progression.
The thread was about the US, not anywhere else.

The future is so yesterday: A synth-pop timeline.
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/media/blogs/popculture/2009/08/the_futures_so_yesterday_a_syn.html

Good read.

Severance said:
highwaystar101 said:

I present for all concerned Kraftwerk, these guys were doing what you could call techno-pop over a decade before Lady Gaga was even born.

But I do think Lady Gaga is the rarest of the rare, a genuinely talented pop star. Maybe not Madonna level though.

i really love when a person knows what he/she is talking about.

thank you sir

i personally like Information Society (Kurt Hurland) and Gary Numan and the rest of the 80's

Haha, thank you very much. Also, I think you pretty much have to be the first person in history to tell me that I know what I'm talking about.

I don't think I've ever seen so much ownage in one thread.

It was also fun to read this whole thing and find out who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't. Very enlightening.

Nobody tell Leo-J what was going on in the 1960's:

How ya like them Silver Apples?

Around the Network

lol It's just electro europop.

The real europop is much better, I'd rather listen to Whigfield than overrated electro house/dance/pop.

These electro sound has to stop, first electro house, now it's everywhere, it's annoying...

GamingChartzFTW said:

UK Scene

Netherlands Scene

There you go.

Lol I loved vengaboys! They're making the come back in 2010!! can't wait!!!!!1

The Dance Scene in Netherlands more trance oriented, and in UK it's more about funky house (well at least used to be). Trance was pretty big in UK too but house was still bigger imo.

ArcticGabe said:
GamingChartzFTW said:

UK Scene

Netherlands Scene

There you go.

Lol I loved vengaboys! They're making the come back in 2010!! can't wait!!!!!1

(...)

Lol what's next?!!  a 2 Unlimited comeback?Is there really no limit? I feel like we're in the twilight zone with the 90's is coming back and all!
I'm not ready for this!*Tribal Dances*

I'm as serious as cancer, when I say Rhythm is a Dancer!

techno music is bad. If madonna and marlyin manson had a child,you would get lady gaga. lol,lol,lol.