By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Did Lady GaGa open the door for Techno Pop mainstream music?

Ever since she released her smash hit "JUST DANCE" back in 2008, and has had all her songs in the top 40 world wide sales charts, poker face being the top selling song of 2009, everyone is jumping on board:

Bad romance:

Ke$ha

Selena gomez (disney o-o)

Madonna is jumping on it:

Akon:

black eye peas:

I think its awsome.. a year ago or just a little over it was pure HIPHOP and R and B on the mainstream charts, and the radio, now it looks like techno pop is taking over =D

mM
Around the Network

Yup, one fad to the next. I only wonder how long this one will last.

Who knows, but I like it alot, better than hip hop.. now only if they get trance to hit mainstream..

mM

I like both Lady Gaga and Selena Gomez myself, and Madonna is always great, but i DO NOT LIKE Lady Gaga's Music Videos, even more so at bad romance, it scares me...

A new artist should come to get rock back to mainstream or at least have something like pop punk being mainstream like when the offspring and old greenday ruled.

Around the Network

I thought techno-pop has always been mainstream...

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Esmoreit said:
I thought techno-pop has always been mainstream...

Now that you mention it...

Madonna "jumped on board"?

Shit, Madonna was doing techno pop almost a decade ago.

Lady GaGa is nothing new... She's just particularly good at creating very catchy songs that capture the public's imagination (for good or bad).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:

Lady GaGa is nothing new... She's just particularly good at creating very catchy songs that capture the public's imagination (for good or bad).

I tried finding Madonna's clip "Music" (with Ali G/Cohen) but you'd be so unsurprised the amount of hits you get when you search for "Madonna Music" on youtube. Plus I believe the clip is pulled due to record comapnies being asses.

Anyway, "Music" is techno-pop at it's pinnacle and came out roughly when Lady Gaga was still trying to learn basic math in high school. 

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

rocketpig said:

Beat me to it. 

Even Britney Spears has been doing the techno pop thing for a few years now.  And it wasnt because of Lady Gaga.