By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 44, 2007

pro evolution is a great game

Around the Network
jimmay said:
johnsobas said:
i'm pretty sure the 360 version sells better in france. Consider that france + UK is 50% of the market it's hardly domination.

No, uk week one in terms of market share for pes the 360 had 30% and the ps3 had 27%, hardly any difference. For every other chart that came out pes on the ps3 was above the 360 version and in most cases it was several places above the 360.

Dude, we only know that 28% of PES sales were from PS3 and PC. We have no idea what the breakdown is. While I don't doubt the PS3 accounted for the lions share, I think it's a false assumption to say that it was a 27:1 split.

stranne said:
Looking at the thread title, I thought the first chart was all of Europe, not only UK. Kind of misleading.

Yeah, i was wondering that who have collected the data. And the Australian charts was also missing. So, we have only a small percentage of the PAL region population repusenting it's data.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
stranne said:
Looking at the thread title, I thought the first chart was all of Europe, not only UK. Kind of misleading.

Yeah, i was wondering that who have collected the data. And the Australian charts was also missing. So, we have only a small percentage of the PAL region population repusenting it's data.

The charts from other countries will be added when they are releasd. The UK and Irish charts are always the first out.

@johnsobas: It's not sure which version will win in France but probably it will be PS3 (Im not taking in account PS2).

Fifa 08 (PS3) took 4th place on its release week, than againg 4th place in second and went up to 2nd place.
X360 version was behind every week: it debuted on 5th place, than took 5th place again but in 3rd it went down on 7th. PES sales probably will be even more favourable for PS3.

I've been posting PES results on X360 and PS3 platform in this thread:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=9322#end
and it's true that PS3 version is winning everywhere except UK (although 3 main markets charts are missing: Spain, Italy and France).

Around the Network
Saiyar said:
bdbdbd said:
stranne said:

The charts from other countries will be added when they are releasd. The UK and Irish charts are always the first out.

Yes, but then the first chart should have "UK" before it...

Ouch ... only one PSP game in the top 40 ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Simpsons PS3 hasn't been released yet, thats why it isn't in the chart.

Interesting sales figures from Finland:

white devil said:
jimmay said:
johnsobas said:
i'm pretty sure the 360 version sells better in france. Consider that france + UK is 50% of the market it's hardly domination.

No, uk week one in terms of market share for pes the 360 had 30% and the ps3 had 27%, hardly any difference. For every other chart that came out pes on the ps3 was above the 360 version and in most cases it was several places above the 360.

Dude, we only know that 28% of PES sales were from PS3 and PC. We have no idea what the breakdown is. While I don't doubt the PS3 accounted for the lions share, I think it's a false assumption to say that it was a 27:1 split.

The pc version of pes didn't even make it in to the top 40 the week it was released. When fifa 08 came out which is more popular on the pc than pes is, it only managed 1-2% of the total fifa market share. It is most likely that pes for the pc was only 1% of the total pes share.