By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think GOD of War Collection Eidtion has done well?

A ps2 port with zero advertisement selling in a highly competitive environment for ps3 owners managed to sell over 400k in 5 weeks (plus, the game only released in America)...

Yeah, I'm gonna have to file this under 'not an issue...'

Around the Network
patapon said:
A ps2 port with zero advertisement selling in a highly competitive environment for ps3 owners managed to sell over 400k in 5 weeks (plus, the game only released in America)...

Boom?

Boom

It still has EU release and GoW3 boost left in it. 1 million is very possible and fantastic for it.

Even with 500k sales that means LT sales for GoW1/2 are now close to 7 million!

All I know is it was great for people like me that didn't play the first nor second one. I already beat through the first one, and can't wait to finish the second one. I think 420k is great for a PS2 port. And, as said before, these collections will continue. Not to mention this is 420k not including Others region.

Around the Network

I consider Demon's Souls's success to be more suprising. God of War Collection has the advantage of being HD ports of bestseling games whereas Demon's Souls relied purely on word of the mouth.

patapon said:

Price check on isle "Boom"?

OT: For a port of a last gen set of games this is pretty impressive. You'd think most people that wanted to play it would have gotten it in the bargain bins. 

4 ≈ One

It's clearly a huge success, I'm pretty sure every company in the world would be blissful if they could cheaply port a ps2 game and sell a million copies.

i think its doing great , and i think its a Great Deal

WIN WIN

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Some think it isn't doing well? It is remastered PS2 titles and only took around 15 weeks to do.

Yeah, I would say it is doing great.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!