By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games/consoles/others did you get for Christmas?

Ssenkahdavic said:
My family does not buy gifts, ever. Instead, we all buy gift cards to the mall and go spend a full day there a day or so after Xmas. Since there is an Ebgames at the mall, all of it will go towards games :) As far as my girlfriend goes, no idea till tom!

Interesting tradition, if you like putting up with the crowds

@topic

so far...

ExciteBike (WiiWare) from my Secret Santa (MaxwellGT2000, he sort of gave away who he was)

An official NFL Philadelphia Eagles McNabb jersey. My wife and I traded gifts today since we spend most of Christmas running around and visiting family.

A 3 table set (they are progressively smaller so they fit inside each other). It was a good thing my parents gave them to us today, as I hardly had space in the car for it. With everything I'll be toting around tomorrow we definitely wouldn't have been able to fit it in.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
Simulacrum said:
TWRoO said:
You're Finnish (assuming your profile tells the truth) why are you opening presents already.

Should be those damned Australians making threads like this.

What you mean?

24.12.2009 19:38 here.

Because Christmas Day is on the 25th, and you are detailing your presents as if you had opened them.

nordlead said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
My family does not buy gifts, ever. Instead, we all buy gift cards to the mall and go spend a full day there a day or so after Xmas. Since there is an Ebgames at the mall, all of it will go towards games :) As far as my girlfriend goes, no idea till tom!

Interesting tradition, if you like putting up with the crowds

@topic

so far...

ExciteBike (WiiWare) from my Secret Santa (MaxwellGT2000, he sort of gave away who he was)

An official NFL Philadelphia Eagles McNabb jersey. My wife and I traded gifts today since we spend most of Christmas running around and visiting family.

Yep! The crowds really are not that bad the day after Xmas and it gives all of us an extra chance to spend time with one another.  Our philosophy on giftcards is everyone has items they want, but not enough to spend their own money on.  This is a perfect oppertunity to get what we want :) but might not otherwise need.

@Topic: Im going to buy games with mine.  All of them will be games Ive wanted to play, just didnt want to buy.  Works out great!

TWRoO said:
Simulacrum said:
TWRoO said:
You're Finnish (assuming your profile tells the truth) why are you opening presents already.

What you mean?

Because Christmas Day is on the 25th, and you are detailing your presents as if you had opened them.

I don't know what I have missed but in Finland  its 24 day when you do traditional things of Christmas (precents,food etc)..

Take my love, take my land..

Well Christmas is tomorrow, but what I KNOW I'm getting:

FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX, FFX-2, NSMBWii, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Jak 3, I think Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos Origins, 4000 Wii Pts, and I think something else I can't remember at this present time.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

I got a DSi. Not too happy about it, I was excepting something better. Oh well, it came with the receipt so it can propably be traded for store credit.

I can get any game that I want, tonight. My GF called me from Gamestop. Do I get Modern Warfare 2? All of my friends want me to get it. Do I get Assassin's Creed 2? It's been getting rave reviews.

No. I'm getting Magna Carta 2.

I honestly don't know why I decided on that game. Oh well. Hope I enjoy it.

Simulacrum said:
TWRoO said:
Simulacrum said:
TWRoO said:

What you mean?

I don't know what I have missed but in Finland  its 24 day when you do traditional things of Christmas (precents,food etc)..

24th is Christmas Eve, 25th is Christmas day.... I don't suppose it really makes any difference, but is it different in Finland?

Or is it just different custom, as in you still class 25th as Christmas day, but you open presents etc on Christmas eve?

TWRoO said:
Simulacrum said:
TWRoO said:
Simulacrum said:
TWRoO said:

What you mean?

24th is Christmas Eve, 25th is Christmas day.... I don't suppose it really makes any difference, but is it different in Finland?

Or is it just different custom, as in you still class 25th as Christmas day, but you open presents etc on Christmas eve?

in germany its the same. Makes sense too, cause he was born on the 24th

(ok actually he was born in Spring but who cares)

Romance is like playing Mastermind except the girl never tells you which pegs you got right. - Seanbaby

TWRoO said:
Simulacrum said:
TWRoO said:
Simulacrum said:
TWRoO said:

What you mean?

In Lithuania, Germany, Portugal, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Estonia, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Colombia and the Dominican Republic, among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened. In some of these countries, presents are delivered to children by Santa Claus, personified by an adult dressed up as Santa who comes knocking on the door.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_24

Don't you learn something like that in school ?