By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 3 hits 30 million sold! PARTY TIME

well, I'm glad it can finally compete. If only developers would create equal ports (SEGA I angrily flip u off, valve too) . still what a sexy beast the original phat is, peace!!!

Around the Network

To be honest, I don't think the Equal ports are gonna come flooding in now, folks will still have problems with the hardware and cut corners.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

2009 is the fabled "year of the PS3". No doubt about it.

It's nice to know "PS" would be sticking around as the brand has brought me countless hours of entertainment

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

A ps3 game selling 1million in Japan only...what is the world coming to? ¬_¬

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

It took over Others and sold 1 Million in a week. Top it off with 30 Million consoles sold lifetime. Man no wonder " It just does everything " !

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Lol, gratz to the PS3 for all its milestones
Go go PS3 go!!!!

and next year is even getting better for PS3 and we all know that...

kowenicki said:
blackops said:
Where is Kowenicki?

Oh this is PS3 good news so he won't post in this thread unless he can find something negative to say

Congrats, what kept you?

360 passes 36m next week !! 

gratz!

PS3 31m next week too!(last minute shoppers should keep the sales at about the same rate making next week another 0.9m)

just a prediction

360 would be more like 36.5m by next week

2010 Hardware Sales Predictions

Wii: 20m- Sales will drop, but not by much.

PS3: 13.5m- It sold 12m in 2009, its only common sense it will sell more this year.

Xbox 360: 11m- It sold 11m in 2008 and 2009, I think it will sell the same.

My Fanboy Speech...

Why do you have to make excuses to defend a product that you purchased, but that's the only connection you have to it, you don't make it, you don't lose or gain money on it. I don't see where all of the defensiveness comes in, there is no reason for you or anybody else to feel obligated to defend it. Now I would understand if one of you were a developer for the product and you slaved over said product only to hear somebody call it stupid or a piece of junk. But none of you developed it, none of you are mature enough to realize that. Choosing a product all comes down to preference, you chose said product because it is best for you. Simple as that!

I have to admit I expected the PS3 to sell roughly N64 numbers lifetime, like in the 33-35 million area. Now it looks as though it'll make it to more SNES numbers, like 45 million. Maybe more but it depends on if Sony continues to push the PS3 aggressively as they have this past year.

I think best case scenario for the PS3 is it reaches 50 million, which isn't bad when you consider this was once a whopping $600 console..