By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 3 hits 30 million sold! PARTY TIME

Really is it though, if its sad that PS3 took 3 years than its also sad that 360 took 3 years to do the same, 360 just reached 30m in March this year, Xbox 360 came out in late 2005, making it 4-5 months over 3 years, PS3 came out in Late 2006 , making it 1 month over 3 years. Yeah so sad...

2010 Hardware Sales Predictions

Wii: 20m- Sales will drop, but not by much.

PS3: 13.5m- It sold 12m in 2009, its only common sense it will sell more this year.

Xbox 360: 11m- It sold 11m in 2008 and 2009, I think it will sell the same.

My Fanboy Speech...

Why do you have to make excuses to defend a product that you purchased, but that's the only connection you have to it, you don't make it, you don't lose or gain money on it. I don't see where all of the defensiveness comes in, there is no reason for you or anybody else to feel obligated to defend it. Now I would understand if one of you were a developer for the product and you slaved over said product only to hear somebody call it stupid or a piece of junk. But none of you developed it, none of you are mature enough to realize that. Choosing a product all comes down to preference, you chose said product because it is best for you. Simple as that!

Around the Network

true, just goes to show you that the PS3 is selling faster than 360, It started slow but now the sales are picking up incredibly fast

and Natal will have the same effect as GEM, nothing

2010 Hardware Sales Predictions

Wii: 20m- Sales will drop, but not by much.

PS3: 13.5m- It sold 12m in 2009, its only common sense it will sell more this year.

Xbox 360: 11m- It sold 11m in 2008 and 2009, I think it will sell the same.

My Fanboy Speech...

Why do you have to make excuses to defend a product that you purchased, but that's the only connection you have to it, you don't make it, you don't lose or gain money on it. I don't see where all of the defensiveness comes in, there is no reason for you or anybody else to feel obligated to defend it. Now I would understand if one of you were a developer for the product and you slaved over said product only to hear somebody call it stupid or a piece of junk. But none of you developed it, none of you are mature enough to realize that. Choosing a product all comes down to preference, you chose said product because it is best for you. Simple as that!

Where is Kowenicki?

Oh this is PS3 good news so he won't post in this thread unless he can find something negative to say

blackops said:
Where is Kowenicki?

Oh this is PS3 good news so he won't post in this thread unless he can find something negative to say

Its not fair to say something like that. After all he prefers 360 so its nothing really that much of an issue.

Who cares about the doubters? Just enjoy the fact that the doomsayers no longer have a ground to stand on.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
sabby_e17 said:
blackops said:
Where is Kowenicki?

Its not fair to say something like that. After all he prefers 360 so its nothing really that much of an issue.

I agree, the jabs at him are unnecessary.

How's that unecessary, I know you always try to be neutral but it's the truth

Very good. PS3 is the best console 2009/2010!

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

well, I'm glad it can finally compete. If only developers would create equal ports (SEGA I angrily flip u off, valve too) . still what a sexy beast the original phat is, peace!!!

Great job Sony, 360 is only 5.7 million units ahead of PS3 and 360 had a year and a half head start and released in the holiday, getting close, If you were to take that year and a half away I wonder where the numbers would lie? Anyways great job Sony. Everybody have a Merry Christmas !!

Sony has now sold 1 million consoles more than the 360 since its release