By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 3 hits 30 million sold! PARTY TIME

Congrats PS3!

Around the Network

You are all Arrogant for leaving me out of this party.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

The Ps3 just passed the Atari 2600 a former first place console.

So this are the next steps:

Sega Genesis 30.75 Million

Nintendo 64 32.93 Mln

Super Nintendo 49,08 Mln

The PS3 should pass the Sega Genesis next week and the N64 probably in late February early March.

The Snes will be passed for sure. Probably mid to late 2011. But I wonder if the PS3 could pass the Xbox360 before it passes the Super Nintendo.

And the fact that the Ps3 is in last Place and has still such huge numbers shows us that the market is a lot bigger then last gen.

PS3 is on track Too hit 42 - 46 Million by the end of 2010 59-70 by the end of 2011

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Go $ony Go PS3!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network
Xbbjf9s said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
the Rise and Rise of PS3

so happy we are at 30million, outsold 360 in Others and Japan...now get ready USA.....WIN!

yes we gonna eat u 360,start running.we are coming pretty fast

lol, MS has to be a little worried about thses numbers.

Very uncalled for.

Anyway the Xbox 360 is much more profitable than the Playstation business is for Sony so I guess they wipe their tears with $100 notes.

TheGuardianFID said:

WELCOME! Venturer  from the past who bears old tidings! Thou hast mysteriously traveled ahead in time! This is the Year 2009 Anno Domini! The world has changed a great many times, but be not alarmed!

WE mean you no harm!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

CONGRATS to the ps3!

may the next 30 million come much faster!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yes well done PS3 your 2nd place crown will not be far away now. Xbox will always be 4th in the hardware table and it's more now about how fast Sony want to make to 2nd than what m$ can do about stopping it.

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

at the rate and momentum Sony is going hopefull they will get 2nd place.