By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam Holiday Sale has begun

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mudface said:
EA had Mirror's Edge for £3 on the first day. But yeah.

And then they pulled it.  What the heck?  I (stupidly) didn't buy it and now its back to $20 US.  So now I have to wait till another random deal or until it goes down to something like $10.  Either way...why lower it down for only 1 day...?

because it was a daily deal, and that's right, you have to wait for another random deal :P but it was the 3rd time it was $4.99, they had it a few weeks ago on Steam, and earlier on Direct2Drive for the same price.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

I'm glad I waited to see what the daily deals will be and didn't start buying from the first day. So far I bought: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Defense Grid: The Awakening, Cogs, and Battlefield 2: Complete Collection.

I don't like these deals. :(

as expected, EA games are showing up in the daily deals, and today there's even an Activision one:

Torchlight for $4.99 !!!

Dragon Age: Origins for $37.49, and the digital deluxe edition for $49

Prototype for $19.99

Universe at War: Earth Assault for $4.99 (SEGA's really pushing this one, it's like the eleventh time they're selling it for $4.99 haha)

LUMINES Base + Advanced pack for $2.99

Star Wars Premier Pack for $24.99 (including Battlefront 2, Galaxies, KOTOR and the Jedi Knight collection)

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Definitely getting Torchlight !

Maybe some more

Around the Network

Thinking of buying the Star Wars pack, even though I really don't need to. :

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
jefforange89 said:
Thinking of buying the Star Wars pack, even though I really don't need to. :<

Or maybe I'll just get Battlefront 2, loved that for PS2.

Me too. Do people still play the online? If so I'm definitely buying it.

I hate when the game I just bought is even cheaper than before :(

This is invisible text!

Killergran said:
I hate when the game I just bought is even cheaper than before :(

Look the bright side, it seems that the offer worked for them and now they want to try volumen-based pricing instead of the traditional  high-pricing system.

Steam has opened the door and there is a lot of light for the PC Gaming, as long as the prices are low, i think it will have a chance agains the console wars.

The eidos collection deal seems to be the best one out of all of them.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive