By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will the Slim become Slimmer?

paulrage2 said:
No man.

It's not easy to making a smaller PS3 every time that sony wants. Sony needs to reduce the size of the ship cell. And is not so simple.

hell theyve made a new psp every year now there not shy, they could make a lot more changes other than the cell.

Around the Network

they should made it slimmer and with ps2 compability backwards.

It will become smaller the day they will save more money on doing it that way.

Sony didn't call the new model a "slim" for a reason

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:

PlayStation One --> PSOne

Their slim model doesn't have to be called a "slim".

Around the Network

have you seen how small they got the ps2 slim?  yeah, sony will make the ps3 even smaller one of these days...

yep, they already mention they could

i expect next revison when chips are 22nm or even less.

ps2 still one fo the thinnest consoles :p

nightsurge said:
nen-suer said:

PlayStation One --> PSOne

Their slim model doesn't have to be called a "slim".

ok, but they have to call it something

PlayStation One --> PSOne :)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

No... I there's no point... unless we want a brick.

True, the slim brought in some sales but I think the main driver of that sales right now is the price tag.

4 ≈ One

Well I guess they could go smaller if they have both RSX and Cell on a 32nm process. I wonder if they are limited by the memory architecture, they would probably have to switch to 4x 1Gbit 32bit XDR ram if they wanted to combine it. I think Microsoft may have the advantage of only having to deal with one memory bank instead of two so ultimately the Xbox 360 may be smaller but only if Microsoft invests the money into it.