By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - AVATAR opens to 232 million USD Worldwide

The Ghost of RubangB said:
rocketpig said:
leo-j said:
Terminator 2 was just amazing..

Terminator 2 was mostly atrocious with a few moments of awesome like most of the time the T-1000 was on-screen or Linda Hamilton pumping a shotgun with one arm.

You just described 2/3rds of the movie.  The other 3rd is the kid bonding with a robot.  Seems all awesome to me.

"Why do you cry?"

I never got past "mostly" in his post. Every time I try to read past it, I black out

Around the Network

Awesome, it almost made its budget back already. Hopefully it makes lots 'o cash so Cameron will be more inclined to make new movies!

Avatar was an absolutely amazing movie. Loved every bit of it. Got to love James Cameron.

ZOMG!!!

People in this thread know Fern Gully? BEST. MOVIE. EVER.

Australians are you?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

rocketpig said:
leo-j said:

Terminator 2 was mostly atrocious with a few moments of awesome like most of the time the T-1000 was on-screen or Linda Hamilton pumping a shotgun with one arm.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
ZOMG!!!

People in this thread know Fern Gully? BEST. MOVIE. EVER.

Australians are you?

I know Fern Gully and I'm Canadian.

It was an awesome movie. I need to watch it again.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
rocketpig said:
leo-j said:

You just described 2/3rds of the movie.  The other 3rd is the kid bonding with a robot.  Seems all awesome to me.

"Why do you cry?"

Arnold had some pretty incredible lines in that movie... so bad that they're actually awesome.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I loved the movie and it deserves all of the success!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

So Cameron > Spielberg/Lucas?

d21lewis said:
So Cameron > Spielberg/Lucas?

Right now, definitely. But bothed peaked higher in their careers than Cameron likely ever will, at least in regards to Lucas' sci-fi work and for Spielberg, overall body of work. Cameron does deserve credit for making the highest grossing film of all time, though.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/