By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - new ip to rival god of war 3

It's probably a hack 'n slash set in Rome featuring your and your friends avatars.
bitchin'.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
dahuman said:
looking at how forza 3 is atm, prolly not, Sony's key first party games usually are in dev for a long time and really polished.

lol..forza 3 is not polished??

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Sorry to break it to you OP (actually, no I'm not) But from reviews and preview builds here in the west, Bayonetta is the new benchmark for 3d hard action games, not GOW3. Hell, even in it's prime GOW wasn't the best of it's type, that title belongs to Ninja Gaiden: Black.

Well making a game to rival God of War is easier than making people acknowledge that fact!

God of War is not worthy of rivals. Now Zelda that's a franchise worthy of rivals.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network

Only game that can compete with God of War 3 right now is Bayonetta...

I still think that if you use HipHopGamer as a source it should be bannable

huaxiong90 said:
heruamon said:
I'm sorry, but pick I'm not seeing how God of War is this monster IP? The Game has like 5.8 million units moved with 2 games, very respectable and solid numbers, but c'mon...that's not triple AAA sales.

Nobody says it's a Halo level seller or something. But you got to take 2 things into account:

1) PS2 piracy was rampant.

2) It's main selling point is the US.

1. PS2's rampant pirates haven't got an Xbox 360 and are currently being rampant pirates again because the PS3 reformed them? 2. The U.S. compared to Europe is where the PS3 has done the worst this gen relative to the performance of the PS2 for the two major markets for this game.

Shoestar said:
I'm not even sure Forza 3 is better than NFS Shift... let alone GT5. Comparing forza series vs GT is like comparing a coal driven train with a TGV...

hehe, i own both games and know what you mean. Shift "would have been" the better game - IF it had controls like forza. but the controls in shift are so bad, the game gets just too uncontrolable the longer you play.

i hope Dantes Inferno turns out great - the story seems very promising.

I hope MS tries a hack and slash game. But please god don't make it be a DMC type of game. I've always considered Ninja Gaiden and DMC to be FAR inferior to God of War, so more GOW would be fantastic!