By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - new ip to rival god of war 3

hsrob said:
If making a game to rival God of War or Zelda or Metal Gear etc was as easy as having the desire to do so, every game developer would.

Well, Visceral are the first to try.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

oh man I don't even know how devs can touch Zelda, that's harder than hard.

Hiphop gamer spreads lies just to get hits. This prettu much confirms Microsoft has NO GOW killer and never will have.

The only thing that can rival God of War 3, is God of War 4 and I don't think they are making a 4!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

huaxiong90 said:
hsrob said:
If making a game to rival God of War or Zelda or Metal Gear etc was as easy as having the desire to do so, every game developer would.

I don't see how that alters what I said.  Even if Visceral were the best developers ever there is no guarantee that they could rival GOW at it's own game. Games like the ones I mentioned are classics for a reason, because they stand above the competition.  To say that someone is making a game to rival GOW, without knowing anything about the game, seeing any gameplay or graphics etc is premature in the extreme. If making a AAA, classic franchise was as easy as just making the decision to do so, what developer wouldn't?

Around the Network

Dante's Inferno will be good enough. After playing the demo I'm excited to see the finished product.

hsrob said:
huaxiong90 said:
hsrob said:

I don't see how that alters what I said.  Even if Visceral were the best developers ever there is no guarantee that they could rival GOW at it's own game. Games like the ones I mentioned are classics for a reason, because they stand above the competition.  To say that someone is making a game to rival GOW, without knowing anything about the game, seeing any gameplay or graphics etc is premature in the extreme. If making a AAA, classic franchise was as easy as just making the decision to do so, what developer wouldn't?

Oh, lol, I wasn't disagreeing with you at all. I'm just saying it would seem EA are trying to steal some of its thunder, though I know they won't be able to for the reasons you listed.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Aren't we forgetting Ninja Blade???

I'm not even sure Forza 3 is better than NFS Shift... let alone GT5. Comparing forza series vs GT is like comparing a coal driven train with a TGV...

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Shoestar have you played Forza 3 or NFS shift?