By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How to update games

I wish I had the time to update this. I really do.

Around the Network

I'm having trouble uploading screenshots. Everytime I try to upload one it says they can only be JPEG, GIF, or PNG even tho all the shots I've tried to add were JPEG. I added a few as GIF since it was the only file type I could get to load but converting them to GIF makes them look like crap. If anyone knows whats up PM me or something because I would like to help out.

PSN ID: WAR_MACHINE77  Wii friend code: 7186 4304 6064 5134 Gamertag: WARMACHINE mk2

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
Post here to play with fellow VGC members in WarHawk! -> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

Great guide man, I hope I can help updating games on this site when I have free time.

100% Coritiba Foot Ball Club!

WAR_MACHINE77 said:
I'm having trouble uploading screenshots. Everytime I try to upload one it says they can only be JPEG, GIF, or PNG even tho all the shots I've tried to add were JPEG. I added a few as GIF since it was the only file type I could get to load but converting them to GIF makes them look like crap. If anyone knows whats up PM me or something because I would like to help out.

same problem here, i just added a new game, and i tried uploading images but it wont let me, they were in jpeg format

Yeah, I think there's some trouble with uploading backgrounds too.

Around the Network

I had problems with Safari on my Mac (couldn't upload any boxart pictures - until I found out that this is a general Safari problem). Fortunately I have no problems with Firefox and I made my 100th post yesterday.

Now I could finally add boxarts to some undisputable PC classics like Indiana Jones and the Fate Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, Civilization (this game was in the database without boxart for several months - shame on all lazy CIV lovers on this site), as well as adding other games of my youth like Privateer, Dune II (oh cruel world, how could this be totally missing until today), Magic Carpet, Syndicate, Lands of Lore, Betrayal at Krondor...

Adding games is fun. PC gamers or former PC gamers (like myself): Keep up, there are still many games missing.

I think I've detected another minor problem:
The system always seems to set the release date one day back (e.g. when I enter 01/01/93, the sytem puts it automatically to 12/31/92 upon saving).

@MontanaHatchet
Did you just say that if we see two games with the smae name, one with sales data, one without alert a mod.

This looks like the real thing with boxart and sales:
http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=7009

This one is a copy I believe:
http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=16302

Check it out for yourself.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

bump

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

This thread is important for everyone. Keep on bumping...

And my suggestion:

If you add a game, add at least the boxart as well. There are way too many games without boxart in the database (without boxart a game won't show up in the people's games lists).

@ okr

Why dont you put the release date one day ahead of the real release date