By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Review: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 2

http://wii.ign.com/articles/105/1056658p1.html

Rating Description
out of 10
6.0 Presentation
The visuals are well done, but the spotty motion and camera controls, stale story, and sometimes painful voice work really brings down the package.
8.0 Graphics
Some decent effects are used, and the game is full of unique enemies, great animations, and some pretty epic moments. Pop-in abounds.
6.0 Sound
There are a few keepers in the game's soundtrack, but the voice work needs serious help, and some of the battle music feels truly out of place.
6.0 Gameplay
The battle system was on the right track, but it feels as though more time was spent developing mini-games than polishing the core mechanic.
6.0 Lasting Appeal
There's a good 25 hours of an adventure to explore, but you'll have to ignore a lot of shortcomings to enjoy it.
Passable
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Around the Network

Ahh, man pretty low score.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Just don't trust their reviews anymore. I'll wait for word of mouth, or this site.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

The critical panning continues.

Pixel Art can be fun.

gametrailers gave it 7.7

Around the Network

Damn. Worse than Tales of Symphonia 2, and a host of mediocre software.

The game does many different things, but when it comes to what the game is truly supposed to be about, it does not do it well enough.

Voice acting I'm not too sure of though. Resident Evil is often panned for its dialogue, but with the exception of maybe one paragraph worth of dialogue throughout the entire game, it is overstated.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

The score seems pretty consistent with other reviews. Most are giving it 6-7.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

6.2... really? As for the presentation score that is FAR too low, it has some really nice solid visuals with grand scale and its all seamless... the only voice actor I'd say is annoying is the Selkie girl that's in your "team" which I kinda feel like they botched her script a time or two because at certain places they either couldn't properly translate to English or tried to use English slang, so the actress might not have had a lot to work with.

The core mechanic is you use enemies as weapons, as I've progressed, different enemies have been used in various ways, one point you have a shark that spits water which is great for having a projectile, another moment you can turn an enemy into a ball and bowl other enemies over, it's not the deepest combat system I've ever used but its not the most shallow either and the powers are done in a way to make for some epic boss fights so far, I mean the first boss in the game is Bahumut and you rip off his spear tail with your powers and ride it into his heart, how can you beat that?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Funny but I read IGN and my mind blocked it =P

SaviorX said:
Damn. Worse than Tales of Symphonia 2, and a host of mediocre software.

The game does many different things, but when it comes to what the game is truly supposed to be about, it does not do it well enough.

Voice acting I'm not too sure of though. Resident Evil is often panned for its dialogue, but with the exception of maybe one paragraph worth of dialogue throughout the entire game, it is overstated.

Resident Evil has terrible dialogue.  That's to be expected of a game series that is basically a series of B-movies in game form.