By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Review: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 2

This isn't a short game from what I'm finding. Then again I'm not blowing through the game but taking my time to enjoy the game. I can easily see myself getting 20+ hours of the game due to the pace I'm taking. One has to also consider something when one looks at past Final Fantasy games and their time length. The need for leveling and the combat system in general increases the game time significantly. Padded in to a serious degree. Alter those for other systems (which Crystal Bearers has) and the game time spent on those games are significantly reduced.

You can blow through this game if you wish but you are most likely to miss a number of things from what I can tell in my limited play time. For example if you rush through an area you can easily miss and ignore the background information on that area. It's presented to you as a scroll at the bottom of the screen. You completely bypass the Moogles and the mail they carry, the activities you can do as you find along your travels. Stopping to simply fight and mess around is actually fun and not work or boring as grinding to level up past games were.

I almost bypassed a fishing location completely while playing today for example. I was going to stay on the main path but then I stopped and said I wonder if I can swim so I jumped in the water and was able to swim around. Found a number of chest as a result to. Then start jumping from piece of land to piece of land until I came across someone fishing (who I couldn't see from the path) and was able to do it myself. It wasn't advertised as being there but I had to actually go explore for a bit to find it. If I was rushing through the game I would have never known the guy was there.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
^^Because I'm dumb. Is that a fact too?

Keep it cool man. Don't insult yourself.

If the developers are going back to a more multiplayer-centric game for the next Crystal Chronicles, the game should remain in a 3rd person perspective.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

well, they gave similar score to Symphonia 2 and Spore Hero and i love them both

i'm sure i'll enjoy this game

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Siko1989 said:
wow this sucks... ign sucks anyway, im still buying it.. why? because its final fantasy bitches

my thoughts exactly!

I'll be getting it no matter what.

Around the Network
Severance said:
Gintoki said:
Siko1989 said:
wow this sucks... ign sucks anyway, im still buying it.. why? because its final fantasy bitches

At last something which isn't boring to read. Maybe there are others below...

so THIS!

i said something like that, here  (since i get/play every final fantasy in existance lol) do i get a cookie?

Sure! Here's your cookie!

NeoStar9 said:
This isn't a short game from what I'm finding. Then again I'm not blowing through the game but taking my time to enjoy the game. I can easily see myself getting 20+ hours of the game due to the pace I'm taking. One has to also consider something when one looks at past Final Fantasy games and their time length. The need for leveling and the combat system in general increases the game time significantly. Padded in to a serious degree. Alter those for other systems (which Crystal Bearers has) and the game time spent on those games are significantly reduced.

You can blow through this game if you wish but you are most likely to miss a number of things from what I can tell in my limited play time. For example if you rush through an area you can easily miss and ignore the background information on that area. It's presented to you as a scroll at the bottom of the screen. You completely bypass the Moogles and the mail they carry, the activities you can do as you find along your travels. Stopping to simply fight and mess around is actually fun and not work or boring as grinding to level up past games were.

I almost bypassed a fishing location completely while playing today for example. I was going to stay on the main path but then I stopped and said I wonder if I can swim so I jumped in the water and was able to swim around. Found a number of chest as a result to. Then start jumping from piece of land to piece of land until I came across someone fishing (who I couldn't see from the path) and was able to do it myself. It wasn't advertised as being there but I had to actually go explore for a bit to find it. If I was rushing through the game I would have never known the guy was there.

i like maxwellgt2000, dark prince and your mini review so far on this game. personally interest level has skyrocketed and i cannot wait till this game releases in the americas the day after christmas. I will be spending $45 at gamestop for this or i might wait for a used copy. don't know yet, because this game box art is sick!

sent via PC

This reminds me of the shock I got when I read Tales of Symphonia 2 review. It is true that it didn't manage to improve what had been done in the GC, not even offer the same (marvelous) standard, but hey, it was a pretty good game and it is to this date one of the most enjoyable games I played this generation (I own both a Wii and a PS3).
I guess Crystal Bearers has some flaws. I guess they were all correctly pointed out in this review. But I also guess this game deserved much more than a 6.2 and that I will enjoy it pretty much.