By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Would you be interested in an Unofficial VGChartz Forum Member Podcast?

Would you be interested in an Unofficial VGChartz Forum Member Podcast?

Yes. Some of our members ... 74 47.44%

No. Who has the time for these crazy people? 8 5.13%

Oh man can I be ON the podcast?! 23 14.74%

It seems hard to pull off but tell me more. 15 9.62%

I'll make my own 'cast ... 12 7.69%

You're stupid, Khuutra, ... 24 15.38%

Total:156
Khuutra said:
Mummelmann said:
It could be fun but we'd need some sort of managing system so not only users with a particular bias get to hog the screen time every time and, of course, people who can be vocal about their opinions in a way that is both entertaining and informative.
There aren't a whole lot of people like that, especially considering that they'd need to live in the same vicinity and all the podcasts would likely be from the US, which also limits the appeal somewhat for many.
I did vote yes though, I could see this as a terrific idea if it was made to work somehow!

There are definitely some logistics problems, but I'm open to suggestions about how best to make it work. As to fanboys participating... well, while I'm running it, I'd do my best to keep that sort of thing to an absolute minimum, and if they do participate at any point I'd make sure they were grouped with individuals with whom they would not immediately clash.

One of the primary factors for participatingi n the podcast - eve nabove locoation or console preference - would be the ability to get through a conversation without showing one's console bias.

What kind of structure to the podcast do you think would work best here? A weekly rotation of members with different preferences? A single collection who are generally unbiased, or at least balanced in their bias?

The best discussions occurr between people who generally see things a little differently so in that regard perhaps it'd be most interesting if you had people with different or slightly different preferences grouped together most times and then perhaps there could be more platform dedicated episodes where you have a group of people who largely agree that the one platform is "better" (subjective as it may be).

I honestly believe that it could work given some real thought and care and I'm sure that there are plenty of users who would do good on camera, which leaves only one big problem (the biggest by far); distance. No matter what happens though, I like the idea, it'd make out community really stand out and show that we're all about this site and videogames and not just bitching (Gamespot and IGN forums are like a Die Hard movie only without a single good line ever uttered).

Around the Network

Glad to see the response to it is generally positive so far! I did not expect two people to already come forward expressing interest in participating. This is a big deal!

Somebody go bug some of the more balanced Microsoft and Sony fans, if we could get them on this train then I might just go ahead and make the application topic.

Bother mods, too, if Naz says it's okay for them to participate.

I see all of you who voted Option 6! Oh yes I do.

Khuutra said:
dsister44 said:
What is a podcast?

A podcast is either one person or a group of people talking about a particular subject and broadcasting it over the internet. It gets its name from the fact that they were coined during a time when everyone would listen to them on their iPods.

Generally it'd be four or five of us sitting around and talking about games, responding to forum posts, or commenting on the news. Or just whatever, you know? Whatever forum-goers think would make for the best listening experience.

Hmm doesn't sound like something I can watch with dial-up, so I voted for option 6 because you aren't in the mafia game >:(

as long as we are mature about it i think it cool

Most important hurdle:

How would you record this?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

My 2 thoughts since you asked.

1) as I said earlier, I almost never listen to podcasts, so I don't really care to much, but I love to talk so I wouldn't mind having other people listen to me.

2) My one concern is that getting together just to talk videogames could easily lead to a mess of a podcast. If there were specific questions and topics and an organized flow I think it would go better, and I'd personally be more willing to participate.

edit: oh, and I voted 6 just because

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Kantor said:
Most important hurdle:

TeamSpeak (or other service VoIP) along with recording software.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
Kantor said:
Most important hurdle:

TeamSpeak (or other service VoIP) along with recording software.

That would be rather chaotic.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

i said yes, but have changed my mind, to many fanboy opinions and stuff would happen and people would get upset!
for example as a pure PS3 supporter i wouldnt like for the OP to be in the Podcast as he doesnt own one, i could'nt be in it because i dont own a 360 and would be biased? if you get what i mean

lets just wait for the offical VGchartz one yeh?