By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT Demo was horrible!

Severance said:
STEKSTAV said:
Well i do however drive in real life.. and i do however use my common sense when i say that you don't get screeching tires from going 40mph. Stop being an ass.

a couple of things.

are you using a wheel controller?

do you really do sudden turns while driving in 40 MPH in real life?

do you have a tuned car in real life?

have you driven that nissan car?

have you driven on racing tyres ?

do you know that normal cars have been tuned down for extra grip and handling? (such as ABS , Break Assist, anti-Oversteer)

I drive a 350z and i drive like an ass and it handles a lot better than the 370z stock so i don't think the creator of this thread is not off at all. When i say drive like an ass i mean fast cut people off speed.  I am dissappointed in this to this is nothing like prolouge and if is so great why is so different than prolouge and if it is so much better was proluge just a joke or what.

Around the Network
STEKSTAV said:
Porcupine_I said:
STEKSTAV said:
edjevink said:
STEKSTAV said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
STEKSTAV said:
As i read it the TT demo does however showcase the physics, not the graphics etc. But how the car handles and feels is the same as the one in the GT5 game. And THAT's what im ranting about..

It's not the physics and car handling that suck, it's you. Learn to play it properly then come back and complain if you must.

How can i play it inproperly? And what am i doing wrong if i get screeching tires at low speed and spinning around at speed below 40mph? Its not even possible in real life. Definitive racing simulation my behind.

Not even possible in real life? Not with a car that barely has any power, correct. But if you take that care for a drive on the ice, than you have the same result. Your tires can't get grip so your car spins, even when driving below 40mph. It's the same thing as driving with a really powerfull car on asphalt and putting too much power on your tires than they can handle, even when standing still.

Sure.. i understand. So how would you recommend me to slowly accelerate in-game? Push down my X button gently 1/4 of the way until i gain what speed? And then continue on to 2/4 of the way?

the X-Button? You haven't even looked up the controls but you rant?

you DO realize you are embarrassing yourself here?

Oh no.. my internet alias feels embarrassed. How will i ever dare go online again. Thanks for making me realize it though.

well, obviously it's bothering you enough to reply and  assure it is not bothering you at all...

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

You need to learn to control the throttle and brake.

If I go over 40mph and floor the gas in a turn with the VDC off in my G37 with the crap stock good year A/S tires, it's gonna spin on me just like in GT.

play it properly means get a decent wheel..lol

I had this problem with Prologue, I just wasn't used to driving simulators at the time. After a few hours of practice, I was driving just fine.

4 ≈ One

Brun2003 said:
Severance said:
STEKSTAV said:
Well i do however drive in real life.. and i do however use my common sense when i say that you don't get screeching tires from going 40mph. Stop being an ass.

a couple of things.

are you using a wheel controller?

do you really do sudden turns while driving in 40 MPH in real life?

do you have a tuned car in real life?

have you driven that nissan car?

have you driven on racing tyres ?

do you know that normal cars have been tuned down for extra grip and handling? (such as ABS , Break Assist, anti-Oversteer)

I drive a 350z and i drive like an ass and it handles a lot better than the 370z stock so i don't think the creator of this thread is not off at all. When i say drive like an ass i mean fast cut people off speed.  I am dissappointed in this to this is nothing like prolouge and if is so great why is so different than prolouge and if it is so much better was proluge just a joke or what.

Do you drive with VDC off?

You drive like an ass meaning you shift at redline and take a corner with 5-6k rpm?

I love people comparing highway driving to the track driving and thinking they know it all.

Around the Network
SleepWaking said:
edjevink said:
STEKSTAV said:

Screeching tires doesn't have anything to do with how fast your car is moving, that's the mistake you're making. Your tires are screeching when you put too much power on your car and tires than they can handle. The result is that your tires can't get grip, thus they make a screeching sound. It's the same thing that happens in corners when your car has overstear, which causes your car to drift. That may be due to the lack of downforce or the tires itself of course.

What??? ofcourse is does!! it's just not the only factor, but it definetly is an important one. I mean try getting screeching tires when your going 5 miles a hour.

Have you ever driven in a parking lot with a painted road? The one in the shopping centre near me, you can't start moving or turn (all at under 5 mph) without screaming tyres. It's all to do with grip (which is affected by your power).

does this demo have Damage? if not then il just stick with GT5prologue until the FUll game comes out, no point downloading the demo if not

PlaystaionGamer said:
does this demo have Damage? if not then il just stick with GT5prologue until the FUll game comes out, no point downloading the demo if not

no damage but greatly improved physics over prologue and a little downgrade in graphic

kanariya said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

no damage but greatly improved physics over prologue and a little downgrade in graphic

a Downgrade? o dear

lets hope its just because is downloaded and not on Blu-ray, i dont want to ruin my rep of GT so i wont download this

PlaystaionGamer said:
kanariya said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

a Downgrade? o dear

lets hope its just because is downloaded and not on Blu-ray, i dont want to ruin my rep of GT so i wont download this

you dont care about the improved physics ?

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)