By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT Demo was horrible!

PlaystaionGamer said:
kanariya said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
nen-suer said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kanariya said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
does this demo have Damage? if not then il just stick with GT5prologue until the FUll game comes out, no point downloading the demo if not

no damage but greatly improved physics over prologue and a little downgrade in graphic

a Downgrade? o dear

lets hope its just because is downloaded and not on Blu-ray, i dont want to ruin my rep of GT so i wont download this

you dont care about the improved physics ?

i do! but im going to wait till GT5 to play is all

If you are into racing, you will love this improvements. but if you play for the graphic then you should wait...

i am a racer and i shall wait, 

GT is know for its Graphics aswel  and the final version should be head and shoulders above GT5p. or any other GT wanna be's on the market!

Wut?!

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kanariya said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
nen-suer said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kanariya said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
does this demo have Damage? if not then il just stick with GT5prologue until the FUll game comes out, no point downloading the demo if not

no damage but greatly improved physics over prologue and a little downgrade in graphic

a Downgrade? o dear

lets hope its just because is downloaded and not on Blu-ray, i dont want to ruin my rep of GT so i wont download this

If you are into racing, you will love this improvements. but if you play for the graphic then you should wait...

GT is know for its Graphics aswel  and the final version should be head and shoulders above GT5p. or any other GT wanna be's on the market!

Wut?!

Games that wish they where GT like this game that starts with an F and has a 3 in it lol

PlaystaionGamer said:
nen-suer said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kanariya said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
nen-suer said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kanariya said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

a Downgrade? o dear

Wut?!

Games that wish they where GT like this game that starts with an F and has a 3 in it lol

You said GT5P or any other GT wannabe

That means GT5P is a GT wanna be.............WUT?!!

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

I just played it... and the graphics were really disappointing...

The only thing that stood out was how great the car looked. Everything else seemed so dull. The tree sprites look like they came from 2000.

STEKSTAV said:

A rant..

How the hell can this be a simulation game when you get screeching tires á Hollywood going 40mph and spinning around in a slight left turn?. If this is how the Nissan handles they should recall all units due to risk of fatal crashes. And at certain points not being able to do a turn and still have the animation doing a full whatever-direction-turn with the steering wheel. This was by far the most atrocious game demo i've ever played.

I never play car games, GRID being the only one, but i had high hopes for this GT demo, seeing as its been hyped as a franchise and IGN saying PD have outdone themselves. But damn.. i did 2 laps, quit, deleted the game and the "maybe"-purchase of GT5 is now at a "hell-the-fudge-no!"-level.

..end rant.

translation - wehh wehhh wehh i suck at racing games wehh wehh i have no understanding of racing physics. 

Around the Network

I also noticed the graphic downgrade and I was like -> o_O WTF?

STEKSTAV said:

A rant..

How the hell can this be a simulation game when you get screeching tires á Hollywood going 40mph and spinning around in a slight left turn?. If this is how the Nissan handles they should recall all units due to risk of fatal crashes. And at certain points not being able to do a turn and still have the animation doing a full whatever-direction-turn with the steering wheel. This was by far the most atrocious game demo i've ever played.

I never play car games, GRID being the only one, but i had high hopes for this GT demo, seeing as its been hyped as a franchise and IGN saying PD have outdone themselves. But damn.. i did 2 laps, quit, deleted the game and the "maybe"-purchase of GT5 is now at a "hell-the-fudge-no!"-level.

..end rant.

i'll explain this only once and i hope you understand:

the Nissan 370z it's a rear traction car...if you know the differences between a rear traction car and a front traction car you'll know that if a car is rear traction, the car WILL slide if you accelerate when you're in a curve, this is because the power of the engine is focused in the rear wheels...

that's why you fell like spinning when you go at 40mph...if you don't want that to happen, don't accelerate during a curve....i tried the demo, and it was almost perfect in every way..

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

To OP with the low speed spinning out.

Real life situation for RWD car with traction control off.
It is easy to break the rear if you give too much power to the rear wheel when turning even at low speed.

What's keeping your real life car from losing traction is the electric traction control.
and that's turned OFF in the game.

iLLmaticV3 said:
THIS IS NOT GRAN TURISMO 5, IT IS GRAN TURISMO ACADEMY, IT IS DIFFERENT.

How many times am I going to have to repeat myself on these threads.
This game probably won't reflect much on what Gran Turismo 5 is going to be, don't judge that game based on this.

This is a demo of the GT5 Driving Physics (- Damage) and nothing else. Coincidently this thread is about the driving physics AND NOTHING ELSE.

Waiting for my PS3 to download the demo. Unfortunately my PS3 downloads @ like 80kbs a second yet plays games online perfect. (Same with Step-dads Ps3 in house)

Update: Had a pretty good go. It's pretty good but some annoying features. The controller delay when braking and accelerating is annoying as fuck and will take some getting used to, the default control scheme is also pretty shitty (Can change in options menu on the main menu). Tyre screeching is annoying, they're still using the same tyre sounds as GT1 and finally automatic gearing sucks. I went off course and when I came back on I was still stuck in 3rd. I'm using manual now anyway.

I'm not going to comment on the graphics as this is obviously not the proper thing or the point of the demo.

silicon said:
I just played it... and the graphics were really disappointing...

The only thing that stood out was how great the car looked. Everything else seemed so dull. The tree sprites look like they came from 2000.

Because that's not the point of the demo.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!