By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like downloadable content?

I don't know, but everytime I see that a game is getting DLC, I cringe. I really don't like it. I guess I just think that once a game is out it's time to start working on the next one. I can see that it's adding value to the original game, but I don't care about that. Just put it in the damn game, or move on. I'm just wondering how popular these things are and how many people actually download them. Maybe I'm just living in the past...

Around the Network

Fallout 3 DLC
GTA IV DLC

Too good to miss out on.

But something like new weapons, costumes or anything that doesn't completely extend or change the game is not worth it.

Some is good, some is bad. I would say that all the PixelJunk X :Encore stuff is worth picking up. The free LBP stuff is pretty cool too. I like that developers support the great games they've made, but more often that not paid DLC should just be free.

The paid DLC for Warhawk for example was good but split the community. Sony/incog's refusal to make it free after time was frustrating.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Barozi said:
Fallout 3 DLC
GTA IV DLC

Too good to miss out on.

But something like new weapons, costumes or anything that doesn't completely extend or change the game is not worth it.

I have to admit, if I was ever to get dlc it would be from gta iv, cause gta games are one of my favorite series. But I don't have a 360, and even if i did I probably still wouldn't download it. I may have got the episodes from liberty city though. But I'd still rather the next game faster.

DLC is this gen's way of indirectly bypassing the standard $60 price on games.

Some of it is overpriced and should've been included in the game's release (RE5 multiplayer was an obvious one).

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network

not when DLC comes out barely weeks after the game is released.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

As a rule? No, too much to pay for very little content in most cases. The worst culprits are Fallout 3 and Dragon Age imo. Mass Effect also had an atrocious package as I recall. Most of DLC has little to no effort put into it and is almost always overpriced, especially costumes and item packs for games like LBP, RE5, Dead Space and so forth.
User created content and mods is worth infinitely more to me.

No, I despise it. Imo it's just an excuse for developers to sell overpriced stuff that should've been available from the beginning to people.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

NO.

I think msny developers are abusing DLC. I mean, having DLC right when the game comes out or not long after the game comes out? Come on. Back in the day, an expansion pack (the PC retail equivalent to DLC) weren`t like that. They`d create a PC game, sell it for full price and then go work on an expansion pack that they`ll later on sell to you a year later. That is fine. But nowadays basically they create a game and then decide to only give you 90% of the content or whatever and then make you pay extra for that extra 10%. That is BS. I don`t like where the industry is going. I haven`t bought any DLC yet. Only downloaded the free DLC.