By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Hardcore games easiest to sell

The success of both Natal and Gem will depends on what Microsoft and Sony do as first party publishers with the games for the "controllers". Only Nintendo's first party games are really selling well. So the people that were attracted by the Wii in the first place were (besides the innovative controls) intrested in Nintendo's first party games.

Around the Network

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the elephant in the room that clearly shows this is the case for Microsoft. They have a hard time selling Rare's games, though a couple of them have broke a million.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

libellule said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
libellule said:

Microsoft: Hardcore games easiest to sell

LOL, it is not hardcore, it is shooter that are easiest to sell !!!

you have already forgotten all the low performance JRPG or even the average FM3 (sales perspective)

Last time I checked the 360 had the most JRPG's. To have Timed exclusives Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4 and exclusives like Lost Odyssey Blue Dragon and more on the 360 helped Microsoft big time in Japan so don't sell them short. The 360 will get more. Microsoft hasn't given up on Japan yet (sadly).

lol, you are talking about game that tpyically DO NOT sell well proving me I m right

despite all their effort on the JRPG, they have failed to sell them well (WW) and they didnt succeed to push the 360 over the PS3 (in Jp)
(I still admit that 360 is selling better than xbox1)

Also, despite all their effort , Sony is not able to sell that well U2 / KZ2 / R2 compared to Gears/Halo/CoD

WHY ?

360 = shooter lover (NA say "hi !")
PS3 = a bit more mixed crowed (just check GTA/SF/AS sales in PS3-360 and compare them to the ratio of userbase)

What are you talking about? When Nintendo was pandering to the casuals and Sony was worrying only about Blu Ray sales who did the hardcore run to? Microsoft. Which system logs the most hours out of any system online? The 360. The highest rated JRPG's were on the 360 and the sales for JRPG's are still complete and utter crap. You're acting like Japan is really helping. They aren't lifting a finger until FFXIII comes out for Sony. The original Xbox was primarily a shooter console, but do not blame the new generation console for the sins of the past. I would say Microsoft and Sony are equal in variety this gen. Who cares about the crowd when the offerings are what we're talking about? I cannot take that seriously. Sony is not able to sell U2/ KZ2 / R2 as well because they are games dedicated to the core Sony fan. R2 and KZ2 are for shooter fans (oh....what a suprise you don't call the PS3 a shooter console as well?). KZ2 and R2 are not as good as COD or Halo to tell you the truth. They rehash the past and do not exactly innovate. The same thing goes for Uncharted two which while being a great game brought nothing new to the table. KZ2, R2 and U2 are all great games but Microsofts games focus more on saturating your game time with gameplay and Sony's devs sneak in large cinematics with their gameplay. They are interesting games but nothing compared to the selection of shooters on the 360. The PS3 has the better JRPG's because of Japanese bias and most devs will only want to make games for Sony because of that. If the western world gave a damn about JRPG's Microsoft would be at the top of the JRPG list this gen, rather than Sony and Nintendo.