By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan makes the best games.....wtf?!? (poll discussion)

Nintendo is located in Japan. I'm pretty sure that you know this, right?

The Wii series been more revolutionary than every other gaming series put together this generation (whether you like those games or not).

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:

The Wii series been more revolutionary than every other gaming series put together this generation (whether you like those games or not).

But I'm selfish and I'm #1 and I'm the best at everything because school told me so so my personal opinion IS THE FINAL WORD OF TRUTH AND FACT!

cAPSLOCK said:
amp316 said:

But I'm selfish and I'm #1 and I'm the best at everything because school told me so so my personal opinion IS THE FINAL WORD OF TRUTH AND FACT!

Being that I'm American, I can spot one immediately.  :p

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Japan, right =)

Metal Gear Solid 4 - best game on this generation!
Yakuza 3 für PS3...it is awesome, Final Fantasy 13 is great and and and and ;)

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

And you're all arguing this still, even after Montana cleared up the whole issue of the poll... *sigh*

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
lestatdark said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
lestatdark said:

Hey, i'm not even arguing if you're either right or wrong, my discussion with the J-Man, was that he only bothered to point out upcoming games in peoples list, when it was made in the Japanese arguments, and didn't do it for the other way around ;)

Quite frankly I don't even care about this discussion anymore, as you can see, either side will give it's arguments about which developers are the better ones, and as you know from our previous discussion, I think that both sides have given us great games and I really hoped that somehow people in this forum could see that as well. Guess it won't happen anytime soon.

Give S.T.A.G.E a break

When he log in latter he will find out that FFXIII sold 1 million day one not including bundles xD

I made that bet with him first, but for whatever reason, I get ignored.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

nintendo is japanese. End thread

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Heavenly_King said:

METAL GEAR SOLID 4
FINAL FANTASY XIII
DEVIL MAY CRY 4
RESIDENT EVIL 5
STREET FIGHTER IV
BLAZBLUE
BAYONETTA
YAKUZA KENZAN
YAKUZA 3
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2
VALKYRIA CHRONICLES
DEMON SOULS
SOUL CALIBUR 4
AND ALL THE WII GAMES PEOPLE LIKE (I SUPPOSE......lol XD)

Keep going. Include AAA's in there because you're going to need a very big list to match the top western made games. :)

*yawn* Only consoles can have good games, only AAA titles, blah blah blah.

Eventually, you can whittle down your specifications down enough until you fix the argument to your side.  I nthe end, all you're doing is excluding good games from 'lists' based on your preconceived notions of which side is better.

LOL You're reading my statement wrong. I never stated I was dwindling down specifications, I stated to add more AAA's to your list because that wont cut it.

What list?  I haven't posted a list.  I'm not Heavenly_King.

I was targeting my comments to both of you.

LOL XD HAHAHAHA!! that was funny :D

PS:I am Heavenly_King, and I still think Japan makes better games because I think they have a better "aesthetic sense".  I know what I am saying is kind of subjetive, but if you notice, the jp developers make the characters in the game very detailed and "good looking" and around those characters they create a world that resonates with them.  Meanwhile in the US games mostly the characters looks like crap. Dont get me wrong they have High res textures and a lot of polygons but they dont look good or are not "good looking".  For example FALLOUT 3, the game is great but the chracters look horrible. For some of you I might be talking crap, but I really love art, and I really like how armonious the proportions of all things are (I love beautiful women XD).

In most US games those proportions are not respected as they should. I know that what I am talking about doesnt have to do with how good a game plays; but for me, according to my concept of something "aesthetically adecuate" this subject is really important for me in order to apreciate a game better.

I must admit some US game developers are beginning to have a great "aesthetic sense" (I put it that way because I dont really know how to explain it) but JP developers still have a better concept of "beauty".

For most people a game is not art, but I think that considering that the purpose of game developers is to create a manifestation of their own thoughts, dreams and ideas; if that's not art, then what it is??  A game might not be a canvas, or a beautiful melody but I still think it is another expression for art.

OK, I know for most people I am talking a lot of nonsense crap, so just ignore me lol XD haha.

PS: I hate Gears of War and Halo haha :D

The vast majority of Western games considered 'great' this generation simply didn't do it for me. Gameplay style, art style, animation, characters – just do not compare to even the decent games out of Japan, IMO.

"Why does everyone ask about Chrono Trigger? (responding to a comment about the title being loved) That's not what the sales tell me! If people want a sequel, they should buy more!" - Square Enix Senior Vice President Shinji Hashimoto

Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, MGS, ICO, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, etc.

But i think this depends on the persons preferences. In general i like japanese games more than any others. Of course Modern Warfare 2, Uncharted 2 and other western Games kick ass but i've always been fascinated by good Storylines, that's why i prefer japanese games (RPG like FF, MGS,...) in general. Also, i like japanese Horror Games like Project Zero. This games may be a minority in my collection but those who have fascinated me most.

Favourite Games:

PS: Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy VII. PS2: Resident Evil 4, Shadow Hearts Covenant, Final Fantasy X, Silent Hill 4, Soul Calibur III. PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavy Rain, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted 2, Mototstorm PR, God of War III, Modern Warfare 2. Xbox: Suteki, Fatal Frame II DC, Jade Empire. 360: Dead Rising, Lost Odyssey, Dead or Alive 4.