By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan makes the best games.....wtf?!? (poll discussion)

nen-suer said:
outlawauron said:
nen-suer said:

outlawauron said:
Of course Japan makes better games.

Look at the greats!

Nintendo
Sony
Konami
Capcom
Tecmo
Square Enix

Let's not even get into all of the small developers either.

Atlus, SEGA ?

I'd count Sega (how'd I miss Sega?!)

You...forgot ?!!!

Not forget, just .... overlooked.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
GamingChartzFTW said:

This is just SO accurate.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

i still prefer japanese games even this gen. In previous gens it wasn't even close though. Now they are getting pretty close for me anyway.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

peachbuggy said:
GamingChartzFTW said:

This is just SO accurate.

Listen.....if you believe this is a bait thread fine but please have the common sense of not doing what you alledgedly think I want you to do and bumb this thread...........just stop.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

I voted for Japan thanks to Nintendo

Around the Network

I think America has the best games, but Japan does a lot of good stuff too.

Joke thread? MGS4, FF XIII, Mario all say hi.

tedsteriscool said:
Joke thread? MGS4, FF XIII, Mario all say hi.

Did you like FF13 when you played it?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

lestatdark said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
lestatdark said:
lestatdark said:
lestatdark said:
J-Man, why won't you do fair thing to do, and also highlight the games that S.T.A.G.E mentioned in his posts that are also not released yet? ;)

Because he made a list of games coming out next year because someone else said that "blah blah" is coming out next year and because of this "blah" japan wins..........read the post.

Oh, I've read it don't worry, because if you look closely, I was having an exchange with him at that time ;) I just wanted to point out that in order to keep fairness that should be done as well, but then again, this thread was never about fairness in the first place :P

Is there another list(too lazy to check)....but the recent one is definitely fair...hes listing games coming out next year...

The list that you edited about japanese games, also has games coming out next year ;)

But it also has games that are also released also meaning the person is trying to say that japan wins because of unreleased games.........your really not thinking this through seph.

We're going around in circles :P S.T.A.G.E also said that western developers wins this gen and listed games that are coming out next year, like GOW III, Alpha Protocol and Mass Effect 2.

I'm not saying that either list is correct, if we are going to compare in this particular gen so far, we should only use games that are released, yet I was only pointing that out due to fairness.

And that's my point in this discussion ;) 

The Japanese gaming fanatics are the ones who are running people in circles. I stated in fact that the west has the far more quality titles and AAA exclusives than Japan. They are coming in large amounts compared to Japan next year. I made two different lists since some people demanded I prove my point (which I did). They asked me to show quality western made games without them being shooters and I did. They then asked me to show a list of the hottest western titles coming out next year because Japan is going to have a strong year. Don't get me wrong because Japan will have some really strong titles, but they do not compare to the west's titles. The major AAA Japanese titles released next year are FFXIII, The Last Guardian, Versus, GT5, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: The other M.

The poll of the week this week is bothering the J man because a majority of users voted Japan as a country that makes the best games and any sane member reading this should be alarmed because..........JAPAN HAS DONE NOTHING OF SIGNIFICANCE , SOFTWARE-WISE, THIS GEN!!!

Now remember this isnt who "has made" the best games (and even so I doubt it would still be Japan) but who makes the best games...something Japan shouldnt even be considered for this gen.

EDIT: I thought about carmina when I was writing the OP title.....weird.....

-sigh-

Another guy who's limiting his views to only a specific field and thinking that's 'all gaming'.  Probably only looking at the HD consoles and stating 'OMG JAPAN HASN'T MADE A SINGLE GOOD GAME THIS GEN!'  Which still isn't true.

In any event, I'm never a fan of threads like this because they just turn into arguments about 'western games vs Japanese games'.  And I like games made by both sides.  But frankly, when the ORIGINAL poster is so obviously bias against one side and not even citing the fact that Japan has even made one good game this gen, there's no point in even trying to bring up a counter-argument.

Six upcoming games you should look into: