By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ( Next Gen ) Do you want it now or later?

Later. 2012 is the absolute earliest I want to have to worry about new hardware.

I just.... ugh

Having three consoles to keep up with is bad enough by itself

Around the Network

I would like the next gen to start in 2012 in the earliest. Its my hope it'll be even later, like late 2013 or beginning in 2014.

My reasoning is there's some high profile games that have been announced recently that can't possibly be completed in just a year or two. And I don't want to see them either get mothballed or released onto one of the new platforms and deemed 'inferior' as a result. Or even worse, developers rush to try to release it on the past hardware and it either sells bad or doesn't sell at all because of a new system coming. Specifically one I'm talking about is Dragon Quest X for Wii.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Khuutra said:
Later. 2012 is the absolute earliest I want to have to worry about new hardware.

I just.... ugh

That's why I sold the other 2

Unfortunately until I graduate I will not have time to support more than one console... and then if I get involved with a young lady and get married early... maybe not even one console

nightsurge said:
Khuutra said:

I just.... ugh

That's why I sold the other 2

Unfortunately until I graduate I will not have time to support more than one console... and then if I get involved with a young lady and get married early... maybe not even one console

That's depressing. Make sure she plays vgs

This gen needs to stay as is. Theres no need for another graphical overhaul until some really impressive technology shows itself. We're fine the way we are and this gen has only begun to take off.

Around the Network

What S.T.A.G.E. said.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

i thik next gen will start its life in 2012 or 2013...and 1st will be Sony...after some months there will be next Xbox...and after a year...Nintendo will show us a new casual beast)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
This gen needs to stay as is. Theres no need for another graphical overhaul until some really impressive technology shows itself. We're fine the way we are and this gen has only begun to take off.

I dunno, maybe it's because I got my Xbox in the first year of release, because to me it seems like the gen is about midpoint already.  I still say Fall 2012 should be next gen.

I want the new gen to come in 2011.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

2012 or 2013 would be good imo, this gen has been filled with disappointments for me so I have no wish to see it last longer than the previous ones (and I don't think it will).