By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ( Next Gen ) Do you want it now or later?

2012 should be perfect. That'd be 7 years/6 years into the generation for these consoles (provided the Wii HD doesn't come out before that).

Around the Network

I would have to vote for late. At least 2-3 years later.
As said earlier, they all better play at 1080p standard at 60-120hz.
This generation is just starting to find the limits of what can be done.

Motion control is going to be obvious standard feature in all next gen consoles. At this point it is nowhere near mature. I don't want a console to come out with motion as a gimick again. (I am looking at you PS3). At least there are some independent games that use the motion controls they way they are supposed to. And the game LAIR, which despite everyone's gripes, is still a damned good game.

Give me something new 2013.

Until then, I'd prefer if the current consoles stay as is. For once, I nearly have 4 controllers for each system (PSWii60), don't make me go through that shit again so soon...!

Maybe after 2015 I want the next gen I am still enjoying everything that PS3 is offering, and it only just feels like the real gen has just started to warm up, I am not ready for another one any time soon.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Christmas 2012.

Around the Network

I would like this gen to last for a long time, get my money's worth =)

from nintendo - i'm ready for their next generation. i know graphics isn't everything but it certainly counts for something and i find wii games just too ugly not to be distracted by it and thus lower my enjoyment of them. and it's not just the graphics - their online gaming needs improvement too.

from MS/sony - i'm not ready for new hardware any time too soon; maybe in about 2-3 years? but the addition of motion controllers is welcome and at this point expected.

yes...i want it all.

i want this gen to last for a long time i aint buying a new playstation system atleast for another 3 yrs although i am afraid my xbox will die soon so i don't mind another xbox personally :/

2012 or later and I agree with Xen sorta cause seriously MS and Sony already have the highest possible graphics now so now ninty should upgrade the wii with HD grapphics raising it back to 249. at the same time ninty have the best gameplay in games (ninty = all about gameplay) so then MS and Sony coul up their gameplay in their games and focus on gameplay instead of graphics. we have everything except its split up between three companies

Nintendo : Game Play

MS : Online

Sony : HD Graphics

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

My 360 just broke again (I let it RROD on purpose)..... so NOW !