By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ( Next Gen ) Do you want it now or later?

Before reading/replying, please remember that this thread is about This & Next generation, NOT what each individual company/console has now or then, or who will win This or Next generation, and turning this into a troll fest.

There has been talk of next Gen coming 2010, 2011, and 2012. (even years to follow)

My question is do you think those dates are too soon?

I have a feeling they are. I mean this Gen is the best gen for deals. The longer it goes, the better deals will get, and it will push the companies to give you more for less.

During other gens some companies sat back on their high horse, (maybe even this gen) and stick to the ways of "here, that's what we have, give us the $$$$", but now everyone is so gun-hoe it's "here, and here, O and how about this".

Another reason is that I don't see enough games for the consoles, for this Gen to end..

There is way more game entertainment in these systems to give us many more years to come.

Take GOW2 for the PS2, and what they did to push the system, I say stick to that way of developing until 2013 and see what we come up with.

I don't want to be bothered by another console in 2011, even 2012.

I think this Gen with it's entertainment options will not make it end as quickly as past gens.

I mean back in the day it was "graphics tapped, lets move on" but now it's "well lets give them something else for their system to bring more life to it." If you noticed, that has been going on from the get-go this gen, and the battle between these companies is just giving more and more, to our benefit.

And keep in mind, yes next gen will / might bring better options, but it also might break the bank of some companies even more, even more so during these hard times, much like some game developers and the high cost and time of game making, that have caused them to close. This gen offers more options for upgrades then ever before, to keep you clinched to your console, hence even more longevity with your favorite console (saving even more money to spend on options this gen)

So I ask, do you really think this Gen should end so quickly, or do you want it to keep going to see what else you can get?

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

If it were possible, I'd hope another gen would never come. What improvements do we need after this gen? graphics? puh-lease. Games are about gameplay, and besides, we already saw beautiful games this gen. Do we need more, really?

I agree with you SEGA. Improve upon what you achieved and don't move on quickly.

I'd be fine with next generation starting in 2012, but no sooner than that. And I certainly wouldn't mind if it lasted a bit longer than that. I want the most out of my machines!

2012 or later.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I want this gen to last as long as possible. I'll probably start wanting something new in 2014 or something like that, but no interest in 2012.

Though that is partly due to me buying a wii/ps3/psp/ds very early on, I'm very likely just going to wait an year or two before getting anything next-gen.

Around the Network

I don't want a new generation now, as I'm quite content with my current systems.

However, 3-4 years from now I wouldn't mind HD consoles that could actually manage to render all of their games at 1080p. Oh, and it has to cost $250 or less at launch. So, considering the PS3 is >$300 (to sell at a tiny profit) and still renders some games sub 720p and very few render at 1080p, it will probably be at least 2-3 years before my requirements are met before I would want a new generation.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

2012 or later would be just right for me. I'd like to see the PS3 & 360 completely pushed to their limits before they get shoved aside for newer consoles. Plus current gen games are already expensive and take long enough to develop.

i say later man i just got my psf this year

i hope we see the next gen soon. Crysis was awesome i hope every game get a standard like this.

2012 no sooner no later.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi