By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN N-Podcast 60 and Summary - How Wii doesn't even compare to Current Gen.

ph4nt said:
You know as I kept reading it and reading it, i was more convinced that this was a fake summary. there is NO WAY this can be real...can it?

This is simply ridiculous.

From what people are saying its probably 90% accurate, a little colored by Malstrom's worldview probably, but that's to be expected out of any summary

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
I really can't understand why Nintendo hasn't copied achievements.

Seriously and I know some people will think this is trolling but I really think Nintendo has been incredibly lazy for at least a year now. It's too bad there isn't much real competition between the Wii and HD consoles because I think Wii gamers would really benefit from it.

Why should they? Achievements often times just gives a false sense of accomplishment due to them being poorly used. Companies would be better off making the game rewarding in itself, instead of trying to give it to you via gold stars for doing the most mundane task.

^Seriously, I mean gamers aren't 4 year olds

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Khuutra said:
ultraslick said:
This if for the wii only owners;
You can say it is for traffic if you want, but that is only the reason why they were allowed to post what they thought.
They are not fabricating the whole thing, this is how they feel.

I read through the summary, and even with the little sny additions in the OP, it still rings true.
Ask yourselves;
Would the wii be better with graphical improvements, an online system, 3rd party development?

It doesnt matter where you place the emphasis in your gaming experience, the simple answer is yes.

And imo, the GC was worlds different. It had great visuals, and the games had an overall richer feel to them. It seems like every wii game is a demo for a game that never comes.
Sure there are a very few exceptions, but that does not make the rest of the argument void.

If you are a wii only owner and you can possibly fathom any form of your wii games that could be better than they already are, (since everything can always be better)
Then seriously do yourself a favor and get a current gen system.

I understand you dont care about this or that , and games are about having fun... I agree with that, Just know that the wii is trumped on every possible level, not just visuals.

There is a whole other world out there, of GAMES. Games with amazingly rich stories, great visuals, games that will knock your socks off. There are even smaller (wii size) games that are leagues better with the XBL marketplace, and PSN store.

As a wii owner, you must admit it... its time to evolve.

As a Wii60 owner, I will admit no such thing, sir. Good day!

This if for the wii only owners; You missed that part and it was right in the beginning too.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I will say it is good to have diversity in the video game industry, and given the "competition", the wii has its place. I am not saying it is only a kiddie system, BUT it is definitely the most kid friendly. If There is someone 12 and under, it is really the only choice.

I still completely believe everything from my earlier post.
Please dont misinterpret my intentions... I guess I just miss Nintendo from the N64 days

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

who's malstrom by the way?

psrock said:
Khuutra said:

This if for the wii only owners; You missed that part and it was right in the beginning too.

What? Damn!

ultraslick said:
You can say it is for traffic if you want, but that is only the reason why they were allowed to post what they thought.

I read through the summary, and even with the little sny additions in the OP, it still rings true.
Ask yourselves;
Would the wii be better with graphical improvements, an online system, 3rd party development?

It doesnt matter where you place the emphasis in your gaming experience, the simple answer is yes.

And imo, the GC was worlds different. It had great visuals, and the games had an overall richer feel to them. It seems like every wii game is a demo for a game that never comes.
Sure there are a very few exceptions, but that does not make the rest of the argument void.

If you are a wii only owner and you can possibly fathom any form of your wii games that could be better than they already are, (since everything can always be better)

I understand you dont care about this or that , and games are about having fun... I agree with that, Just know that the wii is trumped on every possible level, not just visuals.

There is a whole other world out there, of GAMES. Games with amazingly rich stories, great visuals, games that will knock your socks off. There are even smaller (wii size) games that are leagues better with the XBL marketplace, and PSN store.

And yet... wii owners for the most part, are completely happy with what they get. Why is it always ps360 owners that aren't happy with the wii?

psrock said:
Khuutra said:
ultraslick said:

Ask yourselves;

I think everyone owns a PC and a DS, so there is no Wii only owners

I really, really have lost hope in the gaming community as a whole.

This sorry excuse for a podcast claims the Gamecube was a hardcore console, they acted like they loved the cutting edge graphics. Yet, the Gamecube was largely received as a Kiddy system, got no third party support, failed sales wise (tho still made money). So they decide to go into a different direction that works wonders, they create the two best selling systems of all time, sell more software than any other system before it, making record profits, and guess what? Everyone hates them for making casual games (when it was the third parties who are making the crappy casual games). Not having a lot of horsepower, not having a huge online component. Well, when they actually had graphics noone bought their system, why would they continue that route? Here Sony has lost every penny they ever made with the Playstation brand, Microsoft is just barely turning a profit, and yet they think Nintendo should be more like them? please!