By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN N-Podcast 60 and Summary - How Wii doesn't even compare to Current Gen.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I don't care enough to listen to it, but it sounds like a whole lot of exaggeration in that summary.

Though I wonder what's gotten into Matt and the Wii team. Maybe they've seen Zelda Wii and it's on rails :P

Choo-Choo!

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

oh, no they just called the Wii a gamecube with a wiimote. oh boy.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
SmokedHostage said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I don't care enough to listen to it, but it sounds like a whole lot of exaggeration in that summary.

Though I wonder what's gotten into Matt and the Wii team. Maybe they've seen Zelda Wii and it's on rails :P

Choo-Choo!

Touche!

forest-spirit said:
Is this some kind of joke?

well it better be, i mean me viewing ign latly is very slim until they fucking opoligize,

They actually said that achievements are a better innovation than motion controls?

Motion controls changed how we play video games.

Achievements changed how we compare high scores on the internet...

IGN has officially sunk below Bruce On Games and the Sony Defense Force. At least those sites are funny.

Around the Network

10 minutes and it's still about achievements...I have no problem with people liking the achievement systems but personally I don't play Mario to get a medal.

Listening to this podcast gives them the hits they want. Just avoid it. Bashing IGN doesn't mean anything if you're just gonna go to their site. If you want to show your disdain for this kind of hate-speech, then DON'T go to the site. You fuel the fire when you give credibility to this garbage. When they see they get a huge amount of hits, it's all the more reason to continue to stir the pot. They don't care if it's "good hits" or "bad hits". It all just equates to more advertising dollars for them.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=95198&page=2#8

psrock said:
steven787 said:
What does this have to do with Malstrom, other than the summary... Listen to it for yourself. So far the only one who thinks that it isn't that bad is named PS----

I'm actually listening to the podcast unlike the people complaining, and yes a lot of these quotes are taken out of context.

http://psrock.com/

Hrm, interesting. Wouldn't have guessed it wasn't Playstation.

Listening to the podcast now, it's not quite as bad as Malstrom put it.

However, it's still terrible. I don't understand, for whom are these podcasts for? Is it not for people that like Nintendo? I don't see why any Wii fan would put themselves through this. The entire thing is negative crap I don't care for.

I noticed Malstrom missed the Twilight Princess bitching (maybe because he agrees?) when they mentioned it was #4 on their top Wii games list. They all scoffed at it.
"Another example of Nintendo being Lazy!"
"It's the SAME, STORY, AGAIN... JEEZ!"
"... god, terrible."

It's funny how something is ok because everyone does it...