By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has a videogame TV ad ever made you mad??

dgm6780 said:
the only tech commericals to make me mad are the Apple vs PC ones. Apple tells so many lies and mistruths in those it irritates me. If you have to lie or stretch the truth to sell your product what does that tell you?

oh and the IPhone commercial where the pilot checks the weather on his iPhone and radios in the control tower and they end up taking off 3 hours earlier then the tower originaly had told them it would take. UHH, the iPhone has better weather info then a airport control tower?? gimme a break apple
First of all, Apple's are far better for everything else than a PC besides videogames.  2nd, welcome to the real world.  Every company who sells a product stretches the truth.  Sony would be the best at this, but they just flat out lie instead of a little stretching.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Around the Network

Any ad for a game that doesn't show gameplay makes me mad because it's wasting my time.

WEWdeadeye said:
dgm6780 said:
the only tech commericals to make me mad are the Apple vs PC ones. Apple tells so many lies and mistruths in those it irritates me. If you have to lie or stretch the truth to sell your product what does that tell you?

oh and the IPhone commercial where the pilot checks the weather on his iPhone and radios in the control tower and they end up taking off 3 hours earlier then the tower originaly had told them it would take. UHH, the iPhone has better weather info then a airport control tower?? gimme a break apple
First of all, Apple's are far better for everything else than a PC besides videogames. 2nd, welcome to the real world. Every company who sells a product stretches the truth. Sony would be the best at this, but they just flat out lie instead of a little stretching.

Edit:

Please don't turn this thread in a "PC vs The mighty Apple... thread"

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

If you computer fanboys start arguing about random stuff you're banned.

Entroper said:
Any ad for a game that doesn't show gameplay makes me mad because it's wasting my time.

Yes! Thank you. Those ads bother me to no end. They probably sell a lot of games that way which is even more    annoying.

Current systems owned: Wii, 360. I'll get a PS3 when hell freezes over!... or when the price drops to a reasonable level. Whichever comes first.

Around the Network
FJ-Warez said:
GooseGaws said:
I thought that Majora's Mask ad was good, the ominous tone reflects the theme of the game pretty well.

I dont like it :P (Yeap, even now I dont like it), the OoT ads (There is Two of them, but I can find only one) were good, and even a small ad for a GameShow was good, but he Majora mask, was so... Armagedon, and Deep Impact...

I forgot how good that first ad (and the game) is...such great music.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2k6HjN-_-9g

This is just stupid, that's all.

Well SONY's "This Is Living" ads made me mad cus I just felt the PS3 deserved better ads.....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Every Playstation ad for the last 2 years or so.

-I hate Douche in the elevator/plane
-hate the squirrels
-"Welcome to the show" is possibly the worst "song" ever written(otherwise an ok comercial)
- The one where this dudes girlfriend leaves him pictures and audio on a Mem stick duo
-The early PS3 commercials make me want to vomit

Me and my roommate were talking about how we wish we could work in the PS3 ad department. Those guys are just terrible, and if I worked there I could just 1/4 ass everything I do and still make better commercials than them.

I also hate commercials that show CG instead of in game. Heavenly Sword(I have never seen the game in person) is supposed to have some fantastic graphics and gameplay but they show some dumbass CG movie. Same with the Gears commercial.Same with R&C.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

The whole Halo 3 hype machine pissed me off. "Believe"? Believe what? That Halo 3 was the most overhyped, overrated ANYTHING since the Arch Delux? OK, I believe.

Check out lines at Wal Mart, "Game Fuel," give me a break.

To their credit, they sure do know their audiance...

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X