By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has a videogame TV ad ever made you mad??

Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask... I really don't like it, at all...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

Uh...the game itself or the ad that went with it? What was the ad?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
mm, do they say that, or does it flash the 360 logo at the end...because that's different.

Seriously no joke, Im watching some basketball, and the commercial comes out with the 360 logo, but it also says only on the 360. Then the logo comes saying Jump in.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

BenKenobi88 said:
Uh...the game itself or the ad that went with it? What was the ad?

The ad, the game was great...

By me:

And yeah, that Battlefront guy does seriously need a punch in the face. The last second of that commercial should be his body crashing through the elevator windows and falling to his death.

Around the Network

the only tech commericals to make me mad are the Apple vs PC ones. Apple tells so many lies and mistruths in those it irritates me. If you have to lie or stretch the truth to sell your product what does that tell you?

oh and the IPhone commercial where the pilot checks the weather on his iPhone and radios in the control tower and they end up taking off 3 hours earlier then the tower originaly had told them it would take. UHH, the iPhone has better weather info then a airport control tower?? gimme a break apple

I thought that Majora's Mask ad was good, the ominous tone reflects the theme of the game pretty well.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

lightbleeder said:

For me is the Metroid Prime 3 airport ad, when I saw it I thought "the people at Retro must be really angry".

It made mad because Nintendo should really lose the "we would like to play" ads for its hardcore games. The commercial dind't do the game any justice, it didn't present the atmosphere of the game, MP3 is a game that should have had a serious commercial with suspense and intrigue. That's just my point of view.

PD: My favorite video game TV ad was the one from Super Smash Bros for N64, I couldn't believe what I was watching and I went straight to the store to buy the game. That commercial made me laugh for weeks and the Beatles song was perfect for it.

Likewise.

I got a video in the mail when I was kid, from nintendo power. It was like a 20 minute paid programming type of ad, for the rumble pack that was going to come out.Some nintendo guy got kidnapped and they wanted the inside scoop on ninti's new tech coming out, then BAM, THE RUMBLE PACK!! The rumble pack? YES, THE RUMBLE PACK!!! OMG, it was sooooo cheesy, but at the end it had a sweet comp video of all the new games coming out soon for the n64, excpet the video of goldeneye didnt look like the same goldeneye when it finally came out. Anyone ever notice that? Even the pictures on the back of the box looked like from a earlier version of the game, or really high res. The ak looked completely different too. Oh well.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

GooseGaws said:
I thought that Majora's Mask ad was good, the ominous tone reflects the theme of the game pretty well.

I dont like it :P (Yeap, even now I dont like it), the OoT ads (There is Two of them, but I can find only one) were good, and even a small ad for a GameShow was good, but he Majora mask, was so... Armagedon, and Deep Impact...

By me: