By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has a videogame TV ad ever made you mad??

For me is the Metroid Prime 3 airport ad, when I saw it I thought "the people at Retro must be really angry".

It made mad because Nintendo should really lose the "we would like to play" ads for its hardcore games. The commercial dind't do the game any justice, it didn't present the atmosphere of the game, MP3 is a game that should have had a serious commercial with suspense and intrigue. That's just my point of view.

PD: My favorite video game TV ad was the one from Super Smash Bros for N64, I couldn't believe what I was watching and I went straight to the store to buy the game. That commercial made me laugh for weeks and the Beatles song was perfect for it.

Around the Network

The Playstation ad where some guy is studying quietly in the library and another guy comes out of the gaming room in the library (wtf?) and tells the guy studying to keep it down. The guy studying makes a faint noise and the playstation guy comes out and scares him off.

I've seen it so many times and I can't even remember what the ad is actually for (other then a generic Playstation). Whenever I see this ad all I can think of is how much of a douche the playstation guy is.

The only gaming commercial that readily comes to mind is that one where those two guys are sitting there playing video games, and they're all like "I can't believe we get paid to do this." "Yeah, I never thought I could go into a career in game designing, now we can make the kind of games we like to play." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you program games with an xbox controller.

I agree the Metroid tv spot should have been done better. I'd also say that the promoting of Metroid in generally should be done better. Videogame commercials though have never made me mad and likely never will.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Nick said:
I agree the Metroid tv spot should have been done better. I'd also say that the promoting of Metroid in generally should be done better. Videogame commercials though have never made me mad and likely never will.

Not even one has ever annoyed you?

Around the Network
Apostrovich said:
The only gaming commercial that readily comes to mind is that one where those two guys are sitting there playing video games, and they're all like "I can't believe we get paid to do this." "Yeah, I never thought I could go into a career in game designing, now we can make the kind of games we like to play." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you program games with an xbox controller.

I remember that one...so lame.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

they still show that friggen commercial here for one of the college's :(

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Yep EA ads, that only say "jump in only on 360" for madde, and nba live and what not. Yep believe it or not it says only on 360 with madden ads.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

mm, do they say that, or does it flash the 360 logo at the end...because that's different.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I hate those Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron PSP Commercials. how can you not want to punch that guy in the face.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music