By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I don't know, but that latest article reminds me of Rol's threads...

Around the Network

"Yeah the Wii was doomed I say, DOOMED. Except for Wii vitality sensor theres nothing on Nintendo that pushes the Wii hardware after SMB 5 in 2009."

No, you are declaring that. He didn't. He's interpreting Nintendo is moving in a new direction, which is what the parts you left out indicate.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
"Yeah the Wii was doomed I say, DOOMED. Except for Wii vitality sensor theres nothing on Nintendo that pushes the Wii hardware after SMB 5 in 2009."

No, you are declaring that. He didn't. He's interpreting Nintendo is moving in a new direction, which is what the parts you left out indicate.

Well lets take it this way, if not for SMB 5 and fill the void of 2010 he might just say Wii was doomed and wont sell that much just as like what happened in 2008.

Malstrom: SMG 2 and Metroid other M? Wii relax could be a 2011 title? If not for SMB 5 IF NOT for SMB 5. At least Nintendo done something right and dumped super GC games such as Zelda Wii, SMG 2 and Metroid other M. Though theres nothing they can offer disruptive this year. At leasst theyre trying.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

"Well lets take it this way, if not for SMB 5 and fill the void of 2010 he might just say Wii was doomed and wont sell that much just as like what happened in 2008."

Um, that sentence seems disjointed. I don't know what the point is.

And he's not claiming there won't be major system sellters this year. You are. Plus you actually think the Vitality sensor games wouldn't come until next year. He makes no such claim. You're counter argument is invalid since it's through the fallacy that games not announced will take until next year.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

I really hope Zelda Wii isn't being dumped :(

I want a great Zelda.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
KungKras said:

I want a great Zelda.

His conext wasn't "cancelled" as much as "getting it out sooner" to focus on other projects (and considering the delays of Twilight Princess, I can actually understand that).

LordTheNightKnight said:
KungKras said:

I want a great Zelda.

His conext wasn't "cancelled" as much as "getting it out sooner" to focus on other projects (and considering the delays of Twilight Princess, I can actually understand that).

I hope that the quality of the game won't suffer too much though.

I LOVE ICELAND!

See, he's severely underestimating the place Zelda Wii is going to have, again. First off, he's thinking that, by announcing Zelda Wii for 2010, Nintendo is dumping it, because sometime last year he claimed "Zelda Wii won't be coming for years," so within that frame of belief that Zelda Wii wasn't due till at least 2011 or so, he thinks that them announcing it for 2010 is them cutting their losses.

Whereas i, who have been predicting 2010 for that game for a while now, don't see that, and can't make that highly peculiar claim.

He won't know anything until we see some gameplay.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
theRepublic said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
^Everything is business

Not when he tries his hand at game criticism.

I disagree, most of his criticisms have been very spot on, a few errors here and there, but so far very little that I disagree with

He is far too biased for my tastes.  Although that does make it easier to ignore since I know I don't share the same views.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

LordTheNightKnight said:
"Well lets take it this way, if not for SMB 5 and fill the void of 2010 he might just say Wii was doomed and wont sell that much just as like what happened in 2008."

Um, that sentence seems disjointed. I don't know what the point is.

And he's not claiming there won't be major system sellters this year. You are. Plus you actually think the Vitality sensor games wouldn't come until next year. He makes no such claim. You're counter argument is invalid since it's through the fallacy that games not announced will take until next year.

If you read his older blogs about Zelda he might as well said it. Or are you blind to noticed it? YES. Theres no system seller this year according to him, have you read the blog? Maybe Im the one who ask you that. He thinks the 3 super GC games dumped in 2010 because he thinks Nintendo knew it wouldnt sell systems. He just might as well say if not because of SMB 5 the Wii could be doomed right now.

Iwata says the Wii vitality sensor and its software will be announced in July E3 Iwata didnt say the Wii vitality sensor will release this year.

Simply because he didnt say it directly doesnt mean we should be blind on what he reqally meants.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg