By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Local PS3 stock levels - eating up 360 shelf space

koffieboon said:
MikeB, which Media Markt is that?

Apparently the only  that matters...lol

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

Around the Network
Neos said:
One day i went to the gamestore, and they had PS4's available, with 3D technology and Teh Cell II

MADE FOR THE FUTURE MAN, I TELL YA

Pics incoming soon

Copyright MikeB and MikeB Inc. ®

Since we are talking corporations I must claim MikeB isn't affliated with the UnReal Corporation

kay?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

MikeB said:
@ kowenicki

You took pics of boxes on shelves? ok.

Not yet, only if there's interest and there seems to be. I think the XBox 360 section will turn into a funny pic to share.

Your post is confusing me though....if the boxes are smaller then why would they take up more shelf space?

It's rather simple actually. Last year according to VGChartz there were 1 million more PS3s on the shelves than XBox 360s. Based on what retailers told me, it was more like the other way around. They did not order too many in one go because they would need to dedicate too much shelf space to these units. So instead of ordering a few huge batches they ordered many small batches.

This year it's apparently different. Think about it, it's simple.

This is far too easy so im not going to go deep into this mikeb.....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

here on long island ny the ps3 is selling awesome the demend is high for the sslim.
then the 360 thats for sure

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

magik10 said:
Someone finally got over the NPD shock, I see.

This!

Went to my local retailer and Xbox360 was destroying the PS3 like 2 years in a row before. The guy told me (on Xbox Live, I got him on my friendslist) they had a 3:1 ratio for the Xbox360 he expected this gap to increase for the holiday season.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

there are so many cuz no one is buying them ;)

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

kowenicki said:
Xbbjf9s said:
yo_john117 said:

The only problem I have with this is that thw Wii is still outselling the PS3 2-1 so how are they expecting it to outsell the Wii when it hasn't even come close to doing that yet?

That store in particular may sell more ps3s than anything else.

true... but one store in mikeb's home town won't make a bit of difference globally will it?

Mikeb likes to quote his anecdotal evidence of his local mediamarkt store all the time... it really doenst mean anything at all.

After seeing PS3 Slim at 199€ at Euronics in Genoa, I googled and found that MediaWorld, that keeps much bigger stocks here, had the same offer

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=95227&page=1&str=1285025932#

MediaWorld is Media Markt name in Italy.

Both MediaWorld and Euronics sold them out (the model on offer, 120GB with no bundles), other shops and chains not doing that offer still have them.

IDK if these chains did the same offer in The Netherlands, but if they had something similar what Mike says is very likely. (Don't expect WalMart offers-like effects, though, Italy is a lot smaller than USA, and The Netherlands even smaller).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I want to see pics.

@mikeb - anecdotal evidence is worthless. I was at my local walmart today and they said they were selling more ps3s and xbox 360s than wiis. I said combined? And she told me no. Individually the xbox 360 and ps3 are outselling the wii.

Yet the wii outsold the ps3 by 500k and outsold the xbox 360 400k.

So there you have it.

Those types of anectotal evidences can probably prove (if true) that PS3 is really selling better in "others". Unluckely tho, america alone is the same size of others. So at the end it will be even if american keeps encouraging Xbox while bashing PS3 on every possible media ;).