By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - nintendo announces 2010 lineup (until like april)

trestres said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Demotruk said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

But this year it isn't empty, NSMB Wii, Red Steel 2, will still keep its momentum going through Q1, and we'll probably see MH3 and S&P2 in Q2, maybe even a few other games, like Tales of Graces.

MH3, S&P2 and ToG aren't going to do anything for Wii momentum, and Red Steel 2 has only an outside shot of being big.

NSMB Wii will be the main propeller of Wii momentum into the first half of 2010, the other games just have to help keep it up, so yeah they don't have to drive Wii momentum, just be moderate successes

So according to you, there should be no other game released, you know, if NSMBWii can manage to keep momentum up, why release more games? Gamers only care about momentum?

And I don't think NSMBWii will be able to keep the momentum after January ends, make no mistake, this isn't a Wii Fit kind of game. That game attracted millions of new owners, this will mostly be selling to gamers, Wii Fit managed to draw a totally new audience.

lol, yeah so yeah all the 20 million plus Wii games were all bought by gamers only and didn't attract anyone else, lol

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:

NSMB Wii will be the main propeller of Wii momentum into the first half of 2010, the other games just have to help keep it up, so yeah they don't have to drive Wii momentum, just be moderate successes

NSMB, WSR etc. can only do so much, and they not only have to carry momentum but try and reverse the trend. They may carry Nintendo through a quarter, but we'll see the exact same thing happen again if Nintendo doesn't have any major releases in the first two quarters like it didn't last year.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

NSMBWii alone won't be able to hold momentum for half a year on its own. FACT

Wii Fit was able to do it side to side with MKWii (Wii Fit in a far bigger way). FACT.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Nintendo released Punch-Out and Excitebots in Q2 2009, more new games than in any other quarter.

Ah, I forgot about Punch-Out, it only made it to Australia about 6-8 weeks ago.

Yeah, I remember only 1 retailer wanted to stock the game there, right?

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

NSMB, WSR etc. can only do so much, and they not only have to carry momentum but try and reverse the trend. They may carry Nintendo through a quarter, but we'll see the exact same thing happen again if Nintendo doesn't have any major releases in the first two quarters like it didn't last year.

No, because last year it didn't have anything for more than 2 quarters, Animal crossing and Wii music bombed in 2008, that's why the momentum was lost in 2009, there were no games, this time NSMB Wii is not a bomb and there are more games coming in 2010, totally different situation.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

trestres said:
NSMBWii alone won't be able to hold momentum for half a year on its own. FACT

Wii Fit was able to do it side to side with MKWii (Wii Fit in a far bigger way). FACT.

NSMB Wii is bigger than Kart Wii.  FACT (just check the charts)

NSMB Wii isn't on its own.  FACT.

Avinash_Tyagi said:

No, because last year it didn't have anything for more than 2 quarters, Animal crossing and Wii music bombed in 2008, that's why the momentum was lost in 2009, there were no games, this time NSMB Wii is not a bomb and there are more games coming in 2010, totally different situation.

It is a totally different situation, Nintendo is already in decline right now. It's hard to regain momentum once it's been lost, and that's what Nintendo need to do (otherwise they should be preparing for their next console). NSMB et al might carry momentum for a quarter or so, but it won't last much longer and even then it can't be taken for granted.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Last year it was MKWii + Wii Fit + SSBB, that carried Wii until the beginning of this year, when most of the momentum was lost.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

I was hoping at least one of Tales of Graces or Sin and Punishment 2 would be coming out 1stQ but that is okay I guess since I have so many good games coming out on my ps3!! In a way I guess it will help me save a little money, as I will not be buying any games on the Wii until Q2 at the earliest now!