By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - nintendo announces 2010 lineup (until like april)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Demotruk said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
trestres said:
Last year it was MKWii + Wii Fit + SSBB, that carried Wii until the beginning of this year, when most of the momentum was lost.

Kind of my point, all those games were released in late 2007, early 2008 and they carried Wii into 2009, and Wii had really no games in 2009 until late summer, so over a Year

NSMB Wii on the other hand doesn't have to carry the system for the full year, Wii's lineup even early on has some decent games, and will get a lot stronger in the 2nd half, so at most, NSMB Wii only hase to maintina momentum for about half a year, and has more games to help it than Wii had in early 2009

Oh ye of too much faith. I just hope Nintendo is more paranoid than you about the whole thing. Hey, this time last year, what were you expecting to happen to Wii momentum as it went into the new year?

I didn't expect Nintendo to have no new games for most of the year and AC and Wii Music to tank so badly, however that's not the issue this year, NSMB Wii isn't tanking, and Nintendo has a much stronger lineup in 2010 than 2009

Stronger than 2009?

What's stronger than Wii Fit+, WSR and NSMBWii? Yet with all these out Wii is still falling. Next year sales will plummet like they did this year if droughts happen again, NSMBWii won't help the Wii for that long. I'd say until January ends.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Demotruk said:
One week doesn't make a trend... They've been down YoY for almost the whole year, and were even so for Black Friday...

I didn't say it made a trend, I said the trend is been reversed, its not falling anymore

Wii sold a lot less this Black Friday than in 2008's BF, even costing 50$ less and having NSMBWii on its second week after release.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Demotruk said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Demotruk said:
One week doesn't make a trend... They've been down YoY for almost the whole year, and were even so for Black Friday...

I didn't say it made a trend, I said the trend is been reversed, its not falling anymore

For the last week...

even before it wasn't falling, it had stabilized, I don;t think you realize what decline and trend mean, to have a trend of decline it has to be falling continuously, if it stops falling or goes up, then its not a decline or a trend

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

trestres said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Demotruk said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
trestres said:
Last year it was MKWii + Wii Fit + SSBB, that carried Wii until the beginning of this year, when most of the momentum was lost.

Kind of my point, all those games were released in late 2007, early 2008 and they carried Wii into 2009, and Wii had really no games in 2009 until late summer, so over a Year

NSMB Wii on the other hand doesn't have to carry the system for the full year, Wii's lineup even early on has some decent games, and will get a lot stronger in the 2nd half, so at most, NSMB Wii only hase to maintina momentum for about half a year, and has more games to help it than Wii had in early 2009

Oh ye of too much faith. I just hope Nintendo is more paranoid than you about the whole thing. Hey, this time last year, what were you expecting to happen to Wii momentum as it went into the new year?

I didn't expect Nintendo to have no new games for most of the year and AC and Wii Music to tank so badly, however that's not the issue this year, NSMB Wii isn't tanking, and Nintendo has a much stronger lineup in 2010 than 2009

Stronger than 2009?

What's stronger than Wii Fit+, WSR and NSMBWii? Yet with all these out Wii is still falling. Next year sales will plummet like they did this year if droughts happen again, NSMBWii won't help the Wii for that long. I'd say until January ends.

First of there isn't going to be the droughts of 2009, you can see the Q1 lineup.  Secondly, NSMB Wii only until January, lol, NSMB DS is still selling well to this day, why would NSMB Wii drop off faster?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Who said NSMBWii will fall after January? Again, it makes you look bad to try and twist everyone's words. I said HW sales won't be helped by NSMBWii after January ends, not that the game will stop selling, big difference, but of course you knew that.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Demotruk said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Demotruk said:

For the last week...

even before it wasn't falling, it had stabilized, I don;t think you realize what decline and trend mean, to have a trend of decline it has to be falling continuously, if it stops falling or goes up, then its not a decline or a trend

Increasing during a year does not mean the decline has stopped. There are seasonal trends, after all. The only way to determine it is to look at YoY and YoY percentages across the year. Up until last week, the Wii has been doing very poorly by the former in spite of the price cut, and only marginally better by the latter.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

trestres said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Demotruk said:

Wii sold a lot less this Black Friday than in 2008's BF, even costing 50$ less and having NSMBWii on its second week after release.

Sold less yes, but still broke a million WW, and broke a million last week, and this week is also likely over a million, kind of defeats the idea that its a trend of decline, its stabilized, its not trending downwards, the trend was a downwards trend, that has been reversed and at worst its just stabilized at a somewhat lower level.

trestres said:
Who said NSMBWii will fall after January? Again, it makes you look bad to try and twist everyone's words. I said HW sales won't be helped by NSMBWii after January ends, not that the game will stop selling, big difference, but of course you knew that.

No, because if a game is selling like that for months and even years, it will help Hardware sales, are you going to try and tell me that Kart didn't sell consoles.  Again where is the twisting, I'm just calling you out for making stuff up.

Avinash_Tyagi said:

Sold less yes, but still broke a million WW, and broke a million last week, and this week is also likely over a million, kind of defeats the idea that its a trend of decline, its stabilized, its not trending downwards, the trend was a downwards trend, that has been reversed and at worst its just stabilized at a somewhat lower level.

I should hit you on the head with my statistics book. You are extrapolating based on a single weeks data!

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Demotruk said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Demotruk said:

For the last week...

Increasing during a year does not mean the decline has stopped. There are seasonal trends, after all. The only way to determine it is to look at YoY and YoY percentages across the year. Up until last week, the Wii has been doing very poorly by the former in spite of the price cut, and only marginally better by the latter.

Except it was even before the holidays, since the price cut, its been up over what it was, over the summer we had seen Wii decline to a little less than 200K per week, since the cut its been well above that, even before the holidays started, so like I said the trend was reversed, and like I said the sales over the holidays continue to support the idea that its not in decline, you can say its stabilized at a lower level, but that's not decline, nor is it a trend of decline.