By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNCHARTED 2 GOTY 2009 OFFICIAL CELEBRATION THREAD!

Yes for once they skiped the stupid popularity contest and actually gave it to the game that deserved it.

Congratz Naughty Dog!!!!!!!! Uncharted 2 is KING!

Around the Network

Deserves it. No other game compares to Uncharted 2 this year. I still think thr VG Chartz score should be updated to a higher score...

Yes Uncharted 2 deserved this, good to see it win.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Well Deserved, congrats ND, Can't Wait for the next installment

yeh!!!! uncharted 2 won!

9-0987piy;iu;iuo;ui;iu

Around the Network

hell yea... MW2 is beaten wheoeoeoeyeaaa...and logic... in al forms(expect online) uncharted2 blows mw2 away..hell yea

Video Game awards are like dog / cat shows. There are best in breed awards then best in show out of all the breed winners. Should be the same with games. There are best in genre games, then GOTY is the best game out of all the best in genre games. It makes no sense for Uncharted to lose to another action/adventure game for the genre award then beat everything else for GOTY. It means there was an action/adventure game released in 2009 that is better than Uncharted 2.

Not winning best in genre makes the whole system for these awards seem somewhat lacking in credibility. I hope the VGC goty awards are more credible than this.

Still, fantastic job Naughty Dog, I can't wait to buy the Uncharted 2 GOTY edition.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

dsister44 said:
omgsamsungcode said:
OMG OMG OMG !
im happy for two things:
1 a ps3 exclusive won it
2 it beat that fucking bs game mw2
:)

I am probably not going to like the answer too this, but why does the first reason make you happy?

Probably not the official answer but my answer would be that it's good for PS3, which is a system that has received a lot of shit from people over the years about having a shortage of quality exclusive titles. Having a PS3 exclusive win a GOTY is the final way to get such people to stfu about that particular criticism.

Otherwise in general the GOTY should go to the best game released for the year regardless of system

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

UNCHARTED 2 BABEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had this: UNCHARTED 2 is the GOTY......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E in my sig for ages and the reason why it's been there is coz I believed that no other game compared to the quality Uncharted 2 delivered.

And this is just the only beginning of Uncharted 2's GOTY reign...

CONGRATS!

(does anyone know where/if I can find the entire show somewhere?)

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.