By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - why Japanese not support xbox? but US has a lot ps fans

Because they have national pride. It's not really racism or anything. Plus, most Japanese companies support Sony, which is also a Japanese corporation. Now Microsoft, on the other hand, are an American company, so they're bound to struggle.

Microsoft are working hard on gathering Japanese company support for Natal, so that might help the 360 a bit in Japan.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
chazy13 said:

because japanese people are all morons , so if it doesnt come from japan it might aswell not exist to them

Get ready for a well deserved ban.

I've heard the Japanese don't even consider Western games "games", no matter how good they may be. As soon as they see them, they label em' something else, like an inferior from of videogames.

Its unfortunate but true. That's why games from the West don't sell well at all in Japan.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

chazy13 said:

because japanese people are all morons , so if it doesnt come from japan it might aswell not exist to them

their average IQ its over 107.

they have top engineering companies in the world, toyota, subaru, honda, nissan, mitsubishi, sony, nintendo, hitachi, panasonic, fuji, canon, seiko-epson.

all japanese.

SaviorX said:
I've heard the Japanese don't even consider Western games "games", no matter how good they may be. As soon as they see them, they label em' something else, like an inferior from of videogames.

Its unfortunate but true. That's why games from the West don't sell well at all in Japan.

Crash Bandicoot is an exception.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

obviously the real reason is because dolphins and whales made the Xbox 360

"FUCK U WHALE AND FUCK U DOLPHIINNN"

dont ban me :(

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

chazy13 said:

none of the arguments make sense.

japanese are not morons, giving both their high IQ numbers and productivity levels.

they don't dislike US products, since Apple products are flying off the stores.

They don't dislike Microsoft, they use Windows and Office just like all of us

They just don't like xbox, maybe it has a lot more to do with the console itself???

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Obviously the Japanese have brand loyalty. For example Dreamcast and Saturn sold much better than the 360.

US consumers do as well. But not quite to the same extent as the Japanese.

SaviorX said:

That thought comes from the article about S-E claiming Japanese bias, so it is probably true in some respects.  However, if they want to be close-minded about it, I guess that the rest of us can rejoice that there are many more people who actually DO enjoy open-ended, "western" games.  Western games sell fine without Japan, so we get the best of both worlds.

The only aspect that is a little irksome to me is that WRPGs seem to constantly be treated as second rate when games like Ultima made the the genre.  Plus, early Ultima games were easily on par if not better than Final Fantasy releases (until EA took over).  Lord British had fantastic ideas.

.... Well.. it's only 4 million... How well is blu-ray doing in Japan? How well is wi-fi gaming doing? What if they simply buy the PS3 more because it's honestly the better console... Once you buy an xbox, you either get a wifi adapter that's over priced, on top of paying online, or use an Ethernet cable. Also, how well does shooters sell?

Maybe all those reasons plus failure rate of the 360 have something to do with it, and you can't say any of that isn't true. But, again, it's only 4 million..