By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - why Japanese not support xbox? but US has a lot ps fans

i am not from japan or US

i am not xbox or ps fans

i believe both console has their own good game and strength.

but look at the sales of both console

i does not understand why japanese totally not support Xbox, although there is a lot japanese rpg.

weekly sales of xbox is so low, hear that mostly buy from china.....

funny is xbox does not get full support of american also. 

but competitive is good for our consumer.

just wondering why....

coz us buy product based on personal like, and does not impact by country product?

Around the Network

Japan as a country works differently than most, and they are not outright racist, but they are very skeptical towards things from other countries. Some things they embrace and love, but generally when it comes to technology and such they just scoff at it. This hasn't changed now. If you look at any western game you'll see that even if it's a massive success outside of Japan, it's not really that big in Japan. For example, a GTA-game easily sells 10 million in US+Europe, but in Japan it doesn't even reach 500k - but it's still a success, because nobody expects it to reach 500k because western games generally do poorly in Japan.

The 360, being not a western game but a full-fledged western console, really has an uphill battle trying to establish itself in Japan. It's even worse now, when most JRPGs they could boast with are getting enhanced ports for the PS3. Nobody trusts Microsoft anymore, they know if they just wait a while they'll get their JRPGs for the PS3 anyway.

because the PlayStation 3 has quality. And in the future more RPGs, i think.

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

japanese devs dont really support the Xbox 360 so it gets little attention over there.. nationalism plays a huge role to

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

because sony is japanese and japanese people like their own stuff i think lol

Around the Network

Look at March 2010 and you'll see that PS3 is getting like 7 RPGs in that month alone XD.

360 did get nice little boosts in Japan when new JRPGs released, but those days are over.

In no small part: RRoD. Japanese consumers are VERY demanding in regards to quality. They refuse to buy bad quality products and are very vocal about it.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

Because not all Japanese people are otakus that are all for the rage for moe fighting maid mechas.

Because more Japanese developers are supporting the Playstation- platforms.